“great location”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Myself & hubby stayed in the park house hotel & I decided on this hotel because it was number one on trip advisor & its location. We also got a good weekend rate for the month of november. when we arrived to the back of the hotel to the area for parking our car was valet parked for us on entry to the hotel we were greeted with smiles by the lovely staff at the front desk. All the staff are extremely nice and helpful the only thing I could complain about was the DVD player was not working, & battery missing from the remote control I did tell a member of staff at reception but nothing was done about it but that was only a minor thing. Breakfast was fab, we eat the bar food on the Friday night it was lovely but a little over priced and we eat in the restaurant on the Saturday night and had a really nice meal. Overall the hotel was good but the room a little past its best.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2008

we just booked a last minute 1 night on the 5th nov 08, we got a great rate of €118 including breakfast for the two of us, it was a superior delux, very clean, lovely bathroom.

we got a great greeting from the reception, gervace and patricia, extremely nice. breakfast was superb, first class. we found all staff extremely helpful and friendly. ideally located. one certainly be staying there again as you are right in the heart of the city and its got parking.

anne - mature couple 45+

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Hi... Just back from a one night stay. I had planned a busy girly weekend in Dublin and I had a extra day off so thought I'd go to Galway for a night of relaxation in a luxurious hotel before heading home. I booked this hotel because of the reviews here. I found the car park easily, parked myself (not sure were the valet service comes in) and made my way to check in. Got a frosty reception from one of the staff there and again when checking out. However, the room was lovely, bath a little dirty though and remote control held together with tape but overall good. Had a good night rest .. except I was in a room at the end of the corridor where chairs and a table are placed and one guest decided to sit and make a call home to America for which I must of heard every word. I had breakfast in my room and it was excellent. I didn't think the rate was overly expensive therefore I think the hotel is value for money. Its a great location and to a decent standard but its not perfect. I would probably try another hotel next time I visit.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2008

just returned home from the park house hotel. i decided on this hotel because it was number one on trip advisor and i was not dissappointed. this is a fab hotel. when we arrived to the back of the hotel to the area of parking, the cars are valet parked for you and on entry to the hotel we were greeted with smiles. check in was swift and easy and quickly to the room to find a beautiful, well decorated, modern room. tea and coffee making facilities and all the usual goodiesin the fine big bathroom. you get a paper hung on your door in the morning and the evening. the hotel lobby is beautiful, with plenty of couches and leather chairs to relax. the bar is great and bar food lovely, you pay for it but its quality. we did not eat in the award winning restaurant but on listening to other peoples comments, i think i missed out on a real treat. breakfast is the best i have ever had and we have been to alot of hotels, five star also. you get home made pastries and scones, cerials, fruit , all juices and a huge menu for the main breakfast , served by an army of friendly staff. we were there for three nights and we toured all the hotels in the area and the park is the best by far. the location is perfect, right in the heart of the city at eyre square. thanks park house for alovely few days. simon and joanna room 320. 28 to 30 of october.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2008

We cannot fault this hotel. The hotel is very well staffed and they were extremely friendly, courteous and efficient. We did not eat in the restaurant but had very good meals in the bar which had a nice atmosphere. The breakfasts were excellent and the freshly baked scones are to die for. The room was very nice and clean and well serviced. The location is excellent and the lounge areas were very comfortable. The overall feel of the hotel was welcoming and warm. Just to warn you if you are driving to the hotel, the car park is difficult to find. We drove around the city twice and ended up parking in the shopping centre multi-storey! The hotel car park is right next to Habitat, which is on the road before you get to the hotel. Drive in and the porter will park your car for you. It's not a cheap hotel but would definitely recommend it if you prefer an older more traditional hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Generally below average for a modern 4* hotel. The T.V remote in our room did not work and the washhand basin would not empty. Having received our starters in the restaurant we were informed that one of the main courses selected was not avilable. Restaurant menu is very old fashioned. Overall a hotel well past its best.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank DERRATH
Reviewed October 14, 2008

My wife and I stayed one weekend at the Park House; everything was perfect. The room was clean and well decorated, the staff as great, the restaurant one of the best and the central location helped in our tour of Galway.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and will certainly stay at the Park House again when we return yo Galway.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple