“Great restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Galway, Ireland
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I went here for my graduation recently and we loved it. We were recommended to eat here by a friend and we are glad we did. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The food is top notch and the restaurant itself is decorated nicely :) Will visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Korean first
Athlone
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent three beautiful days in this hotel. A hotel of such quality that one finds it difficult to see any faults. I will start with the bedroom, beautiful décor and to quote George Bernard Shaw re cleanliness 'you could spill soup and drink it off the floor without a spoon'. What surprised me was the tv was very clear with the addition of all the channels including sky sports. Every morning we had a free newspaper at our door.

Breakfast was only to die for. The Irish breakfast so well presented and cooked to perfection. Refills of tea/coffee and toast are pleasantly and regularly offered by the staff. Dinner was delightful with pleasant service the ritual. The staff found out it was my wife were celebrating our ruby anniversary and gave us a pleasant surprise.

In the afternoon a coffee and scone/cake is offered free. Dear reader we were so delighted with our stay that at the end we thought there is not much more that this hotel can do to make our stay more pleasant. But we were wrong because when paying our bill there were no hidden charges or no percentage service charge.

A hospitality gem in the heart of the west. Well done Park House.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack R
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a last minute plan for personal reasons. I frequently travel to Ireland and mostly Galway. I have have been in the pub and restaurant many times on my many visits, but, never used the Hotel. What a pleasant surprise! I took a Bed and breakfast Package for 8 days and would do it again. The are located in the heart of the city, free parking, Great Pub, unbelievable Restaurant, nice comfortable rooms and a wonderful staff. The young lady when we arrived in the morning from the US, Boston (Which gets in very Early, and if you know how Irish Hotels work, you are lucky your get a room before 1:00pm after an overnight flight. I was in my room by 10:00am!) gave us the first room available so we get some sleep so as not to lose the day. She was my very first impession of the Hotel and her pleasant kind and professionalism started and ended my stay. She was there for my check out this morning and just as pleasant. The bartenders and the wait staff in the restaurant were awesome. I was going to write a letter about the Hostess that was there most mornings (Early!) She remembered that I wanted Soy Milk and plenty of coffee. She always had a smile and was truly interested in my stay not just at the Hotel but on my trip. Come to find out she is one of the Owners! How can you beat that! an owner in the trenches with her people!
I will be back!!

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the end of our week in Ireland, we had stayed in guesthouses and fancy hotels, this was a combination of both. A hotel with some dated decor, decent food and good service.

The location is close to everything, and great for going out in Galway. The valet parking was excellent.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I always come back for more. Friendly service and comfortable surroundings. Great breakfast. Rooms are all brilliant. Dinner is excellent. Still the best of all is the way management takes care of every little detail without a fuss. Fair play for knowing how to earn the reputation you deserve. My wife and I fully recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The rooms are clean and the location is good but there was nothing about the Park House that would cause me to look forward to a return. The staff was courteous but not particularly friendly. The food was fine but nothing spectacular. The couple next door were having a great time from the sound of things which made me think that the soundproofing could be better. So, if you need an expensive room in Galway, this will do but if you want special keep looking.

Room Tip: Off the street is best
Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for my daughters graduation. As always this hotel is first class. Special thanks to Patrick and Deirdre on front desk for all their help, wonderful people. To all other wonderful staff a big thank you. The lady owner is such a wonderful lady. She went out of her way to speak to us and could not do enough for us. I have never come across an owner like her before, it's a credit to her and her Staff how well this hotel is run. I can highly recommend this hotel, food is excellent and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Best hotel in Galway in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends