“Nothing to Recommend it.”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The rooms are clean and the location is good but there was nothing about the Park House that would cause me to look forward to a return. The staff was courteous but not particularly friendly. The food was fine but nothing spectacular. The couple next door were having a great time from the sound of things which made me think that the soundproofing could be better. So, if you need an expensive room in Galway, this will do but if you want special keep looking.

Room Tip: Off the street is best
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,909)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for my daughters graduation. As always this hotel is first class. Special thanks to Patrick and Deirdre on front desk for all their help, wonderful people. To all other wonderful staff a big thank you. The lady owner is such a wonderful lady. She went out of her way to speak to us and could not do enough for us. I have never come across an owner like her before, it's a credit to her and her Staff how well this hotel is run. I can highly recommend this hotel, food is excellent and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Best hotel in Galway in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location of the hotel is ideal for visiting the city, the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Staff are very courteous and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here for our next trip to Galway.

Room Tip: We chose a room at the rear to avoid early morning traffic noise from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicolol2
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering the hotel I was barely greeted and then rudely acknowledged after I stood for a while. The receptionist was extremely rude and acted as if I was a nuisance by simply being present. Upon checking in I sat in the bar area for a light bite and a drink the uncomfortable atmosphere continued as my waitress threw down menus and did so with my food as well once it arrived. Lucky for this place there are 3 quality employees that kept me somewhat calm and prevented a miserable stay. Johnathon, Marytherese, and Ms.Carr. Johnathon helped my family with every step in planning. Not only was he full of information but extremely helpful in every area; dining, shopping,pubbing, adventure, and even brought us tea and coffee in the lobby as we waited to meet the rest of our party. Marytherese came to be called by my family "the Jill of all trades" over the course of our stay she popped up everywhere!. .. to lend a hand...in the parking lot, bar, restaurant. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner we could always count on her sweet demeanor and helpful nature to make an appearance and put us all in a great mood. Last but certainly not least was Ms.Carr interacting with her was like talking with a friend, always warm and welcoming, curious about our plans and travels and genuinely interested in myself and my family. She was a perfect example of Excellent customer service and hospitality. In conclusion, thanks to this amazing trio I had a wonderful stay..regardless of the not so inviting first impression

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank vcostan
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice Hotel, early check in. They gave us an upgraded room. Air in the room which was nice. Everyone was nice. My only bother was that the Hotel put a hold for the entire stay on my credit card and did not tell me, this could be a real mess if you need that money for something.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if the Hotel is putting a hold on your credit card in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carole56
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had had my eye on the Park House hotel for our 3 night stay in Galway, but it was fully booked. The day before we left the States I checked their website one last time and was thrilled to see some availabilitly. We booked a Junior Suite (403) for just a few euro more than a superior double room. We had a HUGE room with sitting area as well as a small dining area. It faced the back of the hotel so was very, very quiet as well. The staff were helpful with every small request we had. Breakfast each morning was served quickly and was delicious. We dined in the hotel restaurant one evening and grabbed a bite in the hotel pub another night. Both times the food was excellent. This hotel has a lot of charm as well as being extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend to anyone staying in Galway who wants to be near the city center. We were a few steps from the bus station and close to our daughter's student apartment where she is living for her study abroad semester.

Room Tip: Junior suite 403 is VERY spacious and faces the rear of the hotel, so it is very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank terriann
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and just loved the place. The location is great for visiting the city, the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Above that, however, both my wife and I remarked that the Park House had a friendly, welcoming atmosphere that you rarely experience in a hotel of this size. The front desk staff were always helpful and hospitable and the cozy, old-fashioned feel of the lobby made it seem like we were among friends.

You can't go wrong staying at the Park House.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple