Park House Hotel
$128
$123
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$73
$128
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$104
$100
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$78
$224
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
$219
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$66
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$63
$175
$158
Travelocity
2,975 results
All reviewseyre squarecar parktrain stationdeluxe roomwonderful hotelcentral locationgalway citycomfortable hotelbreakfast was includedwould highly recommend this hotelpubs and restaurantstop classfull irish breakfastyogurtaran islandssconeskitty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in Galway for two nights. It is a great city on the West Coast with a very "good feel." It reminded us of Denver and Austin on a much, much smaller scale. A big part of our opinion if this city was formed by our stay at the Park House hotel.

This hotel had very clean rooms, a nice bathroom and perhaps the biggest surprise, A/C. While much of the time in Ireland, A/C is not required, we were there when the temps were relatively high. As a result, the A/C came in handy. The location of this hotel is wonderful too. You are within a block of Eyre Square. Beyond Eyre Square is the shopping district. Also, directly across the street is An Pucan, a great little pub with good music. All of these highlights were pointed out by the hotel staff, who were happy to give recommendations.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were two of a fifty person tour group and came in one bus. Park House has a convenient unloading place, two elevators and in no time we were relaxing in our room where we could kick off our shoes and lie down for the first time in 24 hours from home. Beds were comfortable and we enjoyed the local FM radio on the TV. Staff helped me locate a tux rental store and a good jewelry store. A short walk to everything from the Park House - dinner, train and bus stations, Galway city museum which is a must see.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silentflier
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros: Excellent location. Engaging period interior with great photos. Some of the staff are super friendly and helpful. Five people can comfortably fit in the family room. Free car park is handy.

Cons: Uncomfortable beds. Tiny showers the size of an MRI machine. Okay breakfast that gets the job done but isn't too appealing. Many of the other staff were cold and unhelpful, which was noticeable to us as they were on the front lines of interacting with hotel guests. Overall, we found the Park to have an unfriendly vibe and started wondering if management disliked tourists.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank jklNy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had an easy time finding the hotel, but trouble finding the car park. If you're driving, make sure get directions to the car park. Once I got there, it was outstanding. Parking spots were very narrow, so I was happy to let the bellman park the car. Reception was excellent and very helpful directing me around town. Nice, large room. Very good breakfast. When I got ready to leave 2 days later, the bellman informed me that I had a flat tire, and he offered to change the tire for me. Since it was an small, temporary spare, we decided a tire service was a better idea. They called the tire service for me, told me to wait inside in a comfortable chair and they would let me know when the service arrived, and offered me some coffee or water while I waited. Obviously wasn't fun having to hassle with the flat tire, but the staff at the Park House made it a lot easier.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Roland_of_StL
Reviewed September 3, 2013

very impressive hotel with old world charm. the rooms here are large and well appointed. the bar is excellent with great and professional service and an interesting menu. the food here is some of the best in galway. breakfast is varied with a good hot menu and served at whatever pace suits you. the staff is well trained and very helpful throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends