“excellent hotel...rooms & food”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Food at this hotel is always excellent with superb service. Have stayed here a number of times & the staff always remember you & have a friendly word! Rooms are really nice with comfy beds. Especially like the fluffy duvets & pillows. brilliant location for the city everything within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kateod14
Write a ReviewReviews (2,938)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the most enjoyable hotel experience we have ever had, bar none. It is not the most glamorous, contemporary, tripping-over-itself with condescension spot. It is the most comfortable, and well-staffed. From the owner, Kitty Carr, through the reception and service staff, we were treated with personal attention that felt genuine. Thoughtful details abound. Staff was knowledgeable and went the extra mile with personal recommendations and hand-drawn on-the-spot maps and directions; food and drink excellent - just marvelous! This hotel has no need for pretense, it is everything advertised. As a previous reviewer said, this is a "classic old-school hotel" - and what else would one want in central Galway?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alcyone C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in a very spacious and lovely suite with our kids. It looked newly remodelled, and everything was great. My pillow and quilt were especially comfortable and I had a really nice sleep. The breakfast in the morning was excellent, with very tasty scones, and a selection of buffet and warm food off the menu. A great location also- very easy to reach from the train station. Also, we had accidentally forgotten to book the hotel for one night of our stay. There was a convention in town, and the Park House had no other rooms. The staff graciously offered to call around and got us a reservation at a good rate at a different hotel. That is great service!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank reader12
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a really nice hotel, and the only negative I found is that the city itself is very busy, especially late at night. With young kids, it wasn't ideal, but if my wife and I come back to Galway, this is where we'll stay!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank eldavidosmith
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a great hotel in a perfect locaiton in Galway City. The hotel is just off Eyre Square, less than a minute's walk from the Train and Bus station. Also very easily accessible from the main routes into the city. The hotel has it's own small car park. This was full when I was there, but there is a multi-storey public car park just behind and this is available to hotel guests as well and was included in the hotel rate.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is a little dated in it's decor but it was very clean and comfortable. I stayed in Room 101. It was big and bright. The bed was very comfortable, with extra pillows and blankets in the wardrobe. There was also a sofa and sitting area. The bathroom was normal sized and clean with a decent shower and plenty of toiletries and towels. There was a well-stocked mini-bar and tea/coffee making facilities. Iron and Ironing Board were available from reception. I was a little concerned at first because my room was at the front of the hotel which looks onto a busy street, but the sound proofing on the windows was excellent and I literally counld not hear any traffic or street noise at all.

My friends and I ate breakfast in the hotel. There was a buffet of cereals, fruits, juices and pastries and a decent menu of hot meals including the Full Irish Breakfast which I had which was excellent. The staff in the dining room were lovely and helpful. The hotel also has a nice bar but it was very quiet when we were there so we wandered across Eyre Square for a bit more lively entertainment.

All in all, a very nice, comfortable, friendly hotel in a great location. I'm only giving 4 out of 5 just because the decor is so dated and because I felt it was a little bit pricey for an off season weekend, though I think that might just be Galway hotels in general.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a great 2 day stay at this hotel. I chose based on the reviews on trip advisor and I was not disappointed to say the least. This is a classic old school hotel which has developed over many years. The central location ads it great or exploring the town. Also parking was a plus. The best were the breakfasts, we ate way to much. Service and attentiveness to needs is really good. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grant_I_W
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Park House Hotel in Galway, Ireland, is an experience to be treasured. The hotel staff is attentive to every need; each individual--at the desk, in the bar, in the restaurant--is courteous, considerate, and helpful in every way imaginable. The breakfasts include a great variety of choices, and each selection is served promptly, hot and delicious. The menus at the bar and restaurant have something for everyone, and we felt no need to go out for any of our meals. The hotel is near the major shopping area, and there one can find much to get excited about. The room we had was large and roomy, with a large bathroom and heated towel racks, an added bonus. My wife and I will stay at the Park House anytime we return to Galway. Staying there was, indeed, an experience to savor and remember.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple