Skeffington Arms Hotel
$128
$123
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$73
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$104
$100
Hotels.com
$128
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$78
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$63
$224
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$66
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
$219
Hotwire.com
$175
$158
Orbitz.com
All reviewseyre squarenight portercentral locationcar parkchristmas marketgalway cityexcellent locationtrain stationsconesbreakfast roomroom was spotlessreception areaboth nightsnoisecrunchieearplugsreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Just returned from Galway today after staying at the skeffington arms hotel for one night,i travelled with a group of twelve on a hen night. What a fantastic hotel this is,we had dinner last night which was delicious,waiting staff were pleasent & efficent. The rooms were modern spacious clean & well maintaned. We had vip entry to the nightclub & all staff from the bar to bouncers were extremely courtious. Breakfast this morning was perfect with a great selection,the waiter was one of the most friendliest i have encountered & couldnt do enough for us! I was so impressed i am planning a return trip this month,well done to all at this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Skeffingtonmanager, Front Office Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear Carly-laois,

Wow - thank you for your review lovely review in which I have read this morning, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to tell others about your experience.

Many thanks for your kind words and comments on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a fantastic time and thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I was delighted to read your positive comments on our accommodation, staff and breakfast offerings. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all of the team here. This feedback is always appreciated and goes a long way in motivating the team. Im also delighted to see that you will be returning this month, if you would like to contact me directly at lisa@skeffington.ie I’ll try and look after you with our most competitive rate. Again thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down on virtual paper!

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

“Galway’s best kept”

Reviewed March 31, 2011

My wife and I (and other family members) stayed overnight in the Skeffington.
This was our second stay there.

Rooms very clean and everything worked.
Breakfast served in surprising well featured bar/restaurant.
Food simple but well cooked.
They have a 50% deal with local carpark - rates worked out reasonable.

Overall impression - very good service and value - will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Skeffingtonmanager, Front Office Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Dear PJM38,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on Trip Advisor this morning which I have just read. I am really delighted that you have praised us so highly but also that you say that you will stay with us when in Galway City again

Thank you also for your comments about our facilities and the meal you had at the hotel. I’m delighted to read your comments on breakfast, we pride ourselves on our bar & restaurant and your lovely comments make all our hard work worth while. This feedback is always appreciated and goes a long way in motivating the team.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you both back to the Skeffington Arms Hotel when your travels allow.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for the weekend.. the rooms were very pricey and then we were hit with a charge of €20 per car for parking for the weekend!! Needless to say we were not one bit impressed and could have stayed somewhere nicer for cheaper and free parking.. Also the car park is a good 10 minute walk from the hotel which wasnt pleasant when we had 3 bags each for the weekend!
As you enter the hotel there is a really bad smell of sewarage and it continues until you get to the second floor, one of my friends almost got sick the next morning when we walked down to reception..
I wouldnt stay here again as there is much nicer hotels in galway for a lot cheaper and less hassle with the parking situation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank dingledangleCork
Skeffingtonmanager, Front Office Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear DingledangleCork,

Many thanks for your review which I have just read this morning. My sincere apologies regarding the smell, there is an on going problem in Eyre Square and all business around the area suffer due to this. We have been in touch with the council on numerous occasions to try and get to the bottom of this problem. In relation to the parking no city centre hotel as there own direct car park, it’s a standard rate between all hotels. The car park is only a 3/4 minute walk from hotel to car park, unless you parked in another city car park.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Skeffington Arms Hotel when your travels allow.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

class hotel,staff very friendly and helpfull,great food and brillant breakfast,
the skeff is a meetin point for all the locals six bars 1 is a cocktail and club karma around the corner from the hotel which they own +quay street with all the buzz off great bars and night life and resturants,has something for every one will defo stay in the skeff again
when i am in trendy cool GALWAY.

• Stayed: March 2011

Dear Gregm1975,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and telling others about your stay at the Skeffington Arms Hotel, Galway. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be comfortable but especially that you found our team to be so friendly. I am also really encouraged to hear that you found our Skeff bar & Restaurant to be of a high standard, we pride ourselves on our unique charm and atmosphere. We are really fortunate to have such a strong team at the hotel with a fantastic attitude and they will be delighted to read your kind comments.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels allow.

Kind regards

Front Office Manger

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stopped off in Galway for one night en route to our tour of Connemara. Had a lovely relaxing evening in the city, a wonderful way to start our tour, and it was made all the better by the hotel and its staff. It is perfectly located on eyre square in the heart of the city, and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Free wifi was a pleasant surprise when I had to work briefly. Breakfast was one of the most pleasant dining experiences I've ever had!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Skeffingtonmanager, Front Office Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear GarethDelaney2011,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be of such high standard but especially that you found our team to be so friendly.

I’m delighted to see we meet your expectations on breakfast, we pride ourselves on our breakfast; I will pass on your kind comments to your breakfast staff. We are so fortunate with our location being right in the heart of Eyre Square. Our Wi-fi is complementary to all our guests, we always strive to go that extra mile for all our guests.

Were delighted you enjoyed your stay on behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels allow.

Kind regards