“Great B&B”

Ranked #16 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great B&B”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited Galway in August 2012 and Mike and Breda were great hosts. They were helpful in recommending tours and places to eat. The room was quiet and bed was very comfortable. The breakfat was also wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
romania
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My experience in the Ardawn house was the most horrifying I ever had. Although I paid the advance and I booked 3 months before a room for me and my husband to celebrate my birthday in Ireland, when we get there around lunch we were not welcome in the house, because the rooms were still ocupied. Mr. Mike told us that the guests decided to stay one more day and we have to look for something else, so we have to find somebody else to accommodate us. We find a neighbor,and go back to Mr. Mike to ask for the advance money, but he refuse to give us back, and told us he will give him personally to his neighbor and slammed the door in my face .He did not refund the advance, slammed the door in my face, do not call me in the morning when I had to arrive to announce me that the room was still occupied and pay no damages for incovenience. More, today, after 9 months he send me a message to thank me that we have spend a few days in his house and ask me to write a good review . Of course Mr. Mike, thank you for remind me how I spend my celebration in front of your door, and be sure I will let all my friends to know about how nice looks your door on the outside of your house.

Room Tip: Make a legal contract before go there, and also make a reserve booking do not have any surprises.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank supercorina
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

At Ardawn House, the hosts are welcoming, relaxed, charming and informative. Our room was cozy, with a comfy bed, modern bathroom AND a view of the greyhound dog race track. We watched them practising. Breakfast was great - buffet of cereals, yogurt, fruit, and a traditional Irish fried breakfast, if you wished. A 10-15 walk takes you to Bar Eight Restaurant - excellent. We visited the Aran Islands during our stay which, for us, was very meaningful (take the plane if you can). Ardawn House was an ideal location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a lovely experience staying there for the Volvo Ocean Race in 2012. Hosts were full of good advice for places to visit during the festival. Location is along a quiet road so no distruptions during the night time.

Location is within walking distance of Galway centre or close enough for a decently priced taxi trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lacey, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ardawn House was clean, friendly, and comfortable, with a delicious breakfast. An easy walk into the heart of Galway. My husband was thoroughly taken with the city and Ardawn House was a good "home base" for exploring. It felt a little expensive, but even so we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pentwater
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I cannot recommend Ardawn House enough. The rooms are clean and well appointed. My bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. Mike and Breda were excellent hosts and their breakfasts were masterpieces. I scarfed down their poached eggs and brown bread for almost a week straight and was sad to move on. Such a nice couple :D I liked the location of the B&B because you are right in the middle. Turn one way and you go to downtown Galway the other way has some great restaurants, and The Eye movie theater.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Last summer, my sister, cousin, and two nephews visited Ireland for the third time in two years. We had a great experience staying in the bed and breakfast-- Ardawn House-- in Galway. Our luggage arrived before we did and they were kind enough to accept it and have it waiting or us. The location was great for restaurants, pubs and site seeing. We also liked that it was close to the tourist information center.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family