Kilbree House Bed and Breakfast
$167
$161
Sea-Breeze Lodge(Galway)
$296
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$150
$141
Hotels.com
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$173
$162
Hotels.com
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$155
$145
Travelocity
$269
$237
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdelicious homemade breadroom was largegalway racesstayed here for nightsmikeirelandtaxicouch
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We had to go to a wedding at the Glenlo Abbey hotel which was a bit out of our price range (and from what we heard, not with the €300 per night for a "5 star"). So we stayed 2 minutes down the road with Mike and Anette and had the cleanest, spacious room, and a fabulous breakfast in the morning. Would highly recommend it and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

There were 9 of us who stayed at Kilbree House for 3 nights. Our rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. We were offered free use of the computer in the sitting room. Our hosts couldn't have been nicer and fixed wonderful breakfasts. I recommend the omelet with your choice of ingredients. The hosts kept the tea and coffee pots hot and full. The service was great. We felt we got a lot for our money and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2008

I stayed here when my cousin got married in a hotel nearby, the room was lovely, spacious and completely spotless. nicer than any hotel i've stayed in. Annette and Mike were really friendly, all chat, she even lent me her hair straightener and mike gave us a lift down to the hotel! The breakfast was fantastic the next day, too much even, exactly what i needed after a rough night.
I couldn't reccomend this place more. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Galway.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Conveniently located for a nearby event myself and 2 friends were attending, Kilbree House served its purpose of giving us somewhere clean to rest our heads. But at 70Euros per head (yes, that's right, 210Euros for a triple room for the night!), we were absolutely gobsmacked, and a little disappointed we hadn't checked into the full service 5-star hotel suite down the road!

3 of us shared a room, and surprisingly, had to make do with a double and a single bed (rather than 3 beds as expected). The place was ghastly outdated (floral tiles and a maroon toilet bowl!), and did not at all give the friendly warm welcome feeling that your average B&B would provide. The breakfast was VERY basic: cereal and an apparently microwaved hot breakfast (or toasted cheese sandwhich if you chose). A far cry from the buffets of fresh fruit, juice and cheese boards you would be offered elsewhere.

We questioned the rate, as normally a discount would be offered for a triple room (particularly given we didn't even have our own beds each). The owner seemed unphased and thought it perfectly normal to charge 210 euro for a room. We, I guess, have ourselves to blame for not clarifying the cost upon booking, as we had booked several rooms (the others were double rooms, and quoted as 140 per room).

Take my word - there are far better places to stay!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 15, 2007

On checking my credit card 2 weeks after staying here I discovered that 100 euro had been deducted from my account. When I checked this out with the owners they informed me that they deducted it because the room "was wrecked". I informed him that coke had accidently been spilled on the bed and even took the wet sheet off the bed and this did not merit 100 euro been deducted from my account especially without my authorisation. Under no circumstances book with a credit card if this is the way our security is been abused. Also the manner of the owners was very abrubt. When I asked in the morning in the kitchen for a glass of orange juice as I wouldn't be having breakfast I was met with a grunt and was told they hadn't time to get it for me. On leaving the premises the owner then followed us out, for what reason I don't know. If the room 'was wrecked' why did it take him 8 days to take the money from my account. When I rang up about this he refused to put the money back in my account and wouldn't disregard my cards details, which I have had to cancel.

Stayed: August 2007