“And ye were doing so well!”
Review of Boojum - Galway

Boojum - Galway
Ranked #82 of 469 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Mexican
Galway, Ireland
“And ye were doing so well!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Right, I often come in here and love the food, staff etc. It's also fantastic value. But then on the 5th of this month I ate here and the next day found myself with food poisoning! I know I could have only gotten it here as I hadn't eaten out anywhere else that day or the Sunday, and I found myself with slight stomach pains that Saturday evening, ending in a fantastic prolonged full body evacuation that lasted from Sunday night through to Tuesday morning.

I haven't had felt able to go back since because of this, which really sucks because the food tastes so much better than anything else in the price range. For anyone wondering I had the chicken I think, so be more careful with how you cook the chicken in future!!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank SeanRLC
John B, Owner at Boojum - Galway, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hi Sean,
Thanks for getting in touch. Possible food poisoning is a very serious allegation so if you could email your telephone number to emma@boojummex.com we really need to talk to you about this in greater depth. We take mentions of food poisoning very seriously as we currently hold a 5 star food hygiene rating from Environmental Health that we earned for being diligent and thorough in our policies and practices.
We will need to find out what you had for example, as we need to check with our supplier to see if any other business' they supply have mentioned any of their customers being sick. As it stands at the moment, we haven't had any of our other patrons complain about being sick and neither have any of our staff, who would all generally eat in the restaurant every day. We will definitely look into this in greater detail to see if anyone else has been affected.
To ease your mind slightly, please know that we take great care to take the temperature of our food when cooked as well as while it is in the serving ban marie. We also keep our serving unit at 93 degrees Celsius to ensure our food remains well above the recommended holding temperature set by environmental health.
Thanks in advance for your help in getting to the bottom of this, look forward to hearing from you further.
Many thanks,
John.

• Polish first
Tauranga
“Cheap and Healthy”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

A good cheap healthy place to get food especially for a solo traveller. The food is Turkish and plenty of fresh and tasty options to choose from for only 6Euro.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank KiwiTravlla
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Possibly best fast food in town”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This place is just around the corner and I only made my first of many visits two weeks ago. The biggest attraction for me is that it's fast food that isn't complete rubbish. The food is good and the staff are friendly, what more could you want.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank christopher c
Westport, Ireland
“Best Mexican food in Galway”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I've been here a couple of times and loved it. The food is great, a nice selection of different ingredients for your burrito. The staff are all really friendly too and give the place a great atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
Wicklow, Ireland
“What can I say.. It's Boojum.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

You remember my first Boojum like you would your first time in the sack, mine was 4 years ago in Belfast(just saying) and since then Dublin and Galway have had the privilege of acquiring one of these places. Best hangover cure and general crutch, addiction, lover, hater, bane of my existence, delicious and breakfast/dinner/tea/fix.
I love/hate you Boojum, never change.

(And please sort out a delivery system, you would thrive even more so)

• Visited April 2014