“It's driven by kind and helpful drivers”

Galway Tourist Train
Ranked #21 of 51 Tours in Galway
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Galway City’s No.1 Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing Tour!Galway City Tourist Train is the only sightseeing tour that carries you into the heart of Galway’s beautiful medieval city while also enjoying kilometres of breathtaking coastal scenery which brings you through the picturesque villages of Salthill and Claddagh. With the accessibility of our vehicle we will take you in among
“It's driven by kind and helpful drivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was my last day in Galway.
In that morning I was so angry with some B&B problem and just missed a bus to city train station(it comes once an hour).
In addition, there was no taxi near Knocknacarra.
Therefore, I had to walk along the street helplessely with 25kg carrier.
If I couldn't take a taxi, I should walk to the train station for an hour maybe.
All of sudden, the Galway tourist train stopped next to me and a driver asked about my situation.
He let me take his tourist train to Salthill, helped with my luggage and called a taxi for me.
He kept smiling and made me comfortable until the taxi arrived.
I was so sorry to bother him, but he just tried to help me out.
Thanks to him, I could take a train in time.
It was about to ruin my feeling in my last day of Galway but he blowed my negative thinking with kindness of Irish.
Galway tourist train is driven by kind and helpful drivers like him.
If I have a chance to visit Galway again, I'll definetely travel with Galway tourist train.

Visited August 2013

Okemos, Michigan
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

One of the first things we did in Galway was the Tourist Train. Not only did it have interesting information about the city it also had fun and amazing music! I loved the music so much that I could not get it out of my head the whole time I was in Ireland. Once we made it back to the states I emailed Terry to find out what music was playing on the train. He got back with me in a matter of hours and filled me in on his playlist. Now I have a soundtrack to play as I fondly remember our train ride in Galway. Bottom line.. great experience and Terry was friendly and helpful.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific way to see Galway with opportunities to hop on and off.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Terry is a super friendly and helpful person! The train ride was fun, covered Galway's highlights plus had fun music along the way. Great for kids and adults! Terry was very helpful to us in getting to an event in the Salthill area.

“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We took the tourist train today and had a wonderful experience. Terry the driver was very knowledgable on things to see and do while we were here for our short stay. The ride in the mini train was a unique experience one in which the older and younger generations enjoyed together, Terry was enthusiastic about his job, helpful to those with prams etc. to stow, and greeted everyone personally. The music and the tour guides information all added to a friendly and informative ride.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique tour - must do in galway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Being first time visitors to galway, this tour was such a great spend of 8 euros for a hnique aesthetic and educational tour around the city and its key points of interest. Terry the driver was so friendly and helpful. Definitely a ride to have early in your stay (i did it a couple of times)

Visited June 2013