“Too expensive for what you get.”
Review of Born kitchen - CLOSED

Born kitchen
Cuisines: Cafe
Clare
“Too expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went here for lunch and was left disappointed. The menu sounds great but the portion sizes are very small and the prices are not all that cheap. There was a group of us and we all found the same problem.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Voilareally

Galway, Ireland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have tried this on a few occasions with friends, and each time I hoped that it gets better as it is on a beautiful spot but it only got worse. The last time, me and my partner both ordered a sandwich which had egg in it. I specifically said no egg as neither of us like it. Our sandwich arrived about 15/20 mins later, when it did arrive I was very disappointed. As I was eating the barely warm sandwich, I noticed it tasted a bit funny, i opened it up to discover bits of egg in it. They had clearly put the egg in and taken it back out again, but left behind half of it. The sandwich came with a leaf of lettuce which was supposed to be a salad, I think. The service was also awful, all the waiters / waitresses looked very unhappy and we saw more then one customer walk out because they weren't been attended to.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Owlie22
Galway
“Won't be back”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited with my daughter earlier this year. We were ignored inside as we stood around the till area waiting for someone to attend on us. The more senior staff member at the till kept talking to another staff member and ignored us. We sat outside, when we asked for a menu
the girl threw two across the table at us. That was enough for me, we just got up and left.

1 Thank Blueskygalway
Lisdovogue knockmore Ballina Ireland
“Wonderful exciting food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

For the best food in Galway is in the Born Restaurtant / such pleasant service and wonderful setting. I really enjoyed my food it was a beautiful chicken and very keenly priced.I cant imagine eating anywhere else.
Kind regards Patricia Timlin

Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Painfully Average”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Paid 7 euro for a ciabatta. It was served with a tiny bit of lettuce and red onion. It was also worth mentioning the fact that the ciabatta was not toasted properly. The toppings in the ciabatta were very scarce and bland. I had ordered a soup with my sandwhich but i was told after 10 minutes that there was not enough for me. My friends who did get soup were treated to a cold bowl of bland flavoured broth. All in all it was way over priced and flavourless. There was a very nice outside area but we were advised we could not go out there. After i left i actually found myself hungrier than i was before i went in.

1 Thank Mikey M