“Simply divine!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

37 West
Ranked #112 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe Deli Wine
“Simply divine!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having heard about 37 West from quite a few of friends, I made my first trip to today and was not disappointed. The restaurant is committed to making simple and wholesome food interesting and quirky (though for the committed carnivores out there, there is a burger on the menu). Not an easy feat but 37 West proves that eating good food does not have to be a penance. I ordered the seafood chowder and am usually disappointed by the sheer lack of seafood and plethora of spuds....not this one!! It was a hearty meal in a bowl served with a really tasty brown bread. Yum!! I'll definitely be sampling this again. I finished off with one of their delicious cupcakes. This is how ALL cupcakes should taste; moist and with lashings and lashings of mint flavoured icing (which Gill the owner told me was dairy free). There is clearly so much thought gone into this restaurant from the decor, menu selection, reasonable pricing, welcoming staff and bright and friendly ambience and this is what makes it really special. Aside from this, I just love food that is prepared with love. And that is in abundance in this lovely new restaurant. Well done to the whole team. Can't wait to come back for my next visit.

• Visited August 2013
Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your fab review! It really lifted our hearts and we all read it over and over again!
Thanks. For taking the time to spread some love!!

Galway
“Such a welcome addition to Galway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Really impressed with this place...the food is delicious. Have had the superfood salad everytime - it is so impressive. Salads can often just be a plate of lettuce, but this one is packed with goodness and very substantial.

Love the emphasis on health - really appealing.

One complaint - I was dining outside with a friend and the lady beside us was smoking - really turned my stomach. I would have had coffee, but left after that. If the emphasis is on health, then this shouldn't be accommodated (imo!).

Otherwise, really like this place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi
Thanks for writing!! We are all in LOVE in with the superfood salad!!! It Galway's latest addiction !!
Sorry about the smoker , the covered seating area is non smoking and small section in the garden is smoking area. A staff member should have informed you. Sorry about this!
Thanks again and remember healthy is the new sexy!
“I hate Salads!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I don't eat salads; I hate salads; they're boring, tasteless, unsatisfying. This place has changed everything for me and my relationship with salads! Who knew that they could be so good! You have to try the superfood salad and the muscle builder salad. Both are full of flavour and satisfying - not something I ever associated before with an assortment of leaves!
There's a lot more to 37 West though. Great more substantial dishes (the grilled lamb and the grilled chicken on a skewer are gorgeous), excellent service and a permanent warm welcome from the owner, manager and staff.
I'm a regular now and I've suggested that my wife should start paying rent as she's there so often!

• Visited July 2013
Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
LOVE this review!! We all got a great giggle out of it!!! Thank you
A man who hates Salad!!! Who would have thought!!!!
Its funny I am always telling people it's the men that love the superfood the most!!! We have a following from the Connaught Rugby team too who all love the superfood salad!
Let me know your email address and I will draw up a contract for your wife and we can agree some t&c
Thanks again
“great variety in menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of my regular places for lunch. The sandwiches are very good. Watch out for the daily specials. I had a lovely lamb salad last week!!! The staff are very nice and helpful

Visited July 2013
Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Please don't mention the Lamb Salad! We are not allowed! too many people were gutted it sold out in hours!!!!! I am begging the chef to do it again!
IT was AMAZING !
All I got was the sauce but it made a great dressing for my chicken salad!
We went blue in the face last week trying to come up with new ideas for salads! This hot weather was so unexpected! Next year we will be on the ball!
Thanks again!
#healthyisthenewsexy
Galway
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The salad I here this evening was delicious it had lovely chunks of chicken and some fantastic brown bread served with it. The service was brilliant. I will be back

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write!
The salads are fast becoming our most popular thing!! The melts were number 1 until the sun came out! Now its the salads!
Its all superfood this and superfood that! ha ha I love it!!
That brown bread is filled with #determination - I threw away about 15 loafs when we first opened trying to get it right!
Its the buttermilk , treacle and love that make it soooo special!
as you can tell I am addicted - Don't anyone tell Pat Divlly!
Thanks again - means a lot!