“My Favourite Breakfast!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Galway, Ireland
“My Favourite Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just a quick line to say that the scrambled eggs with feta cheese and cherry tomatoes is a wonderful way to start your day! on top of this they serve excellent coffee and delicious scones... If you're passing do drop in!

• Visited March 2013

Galway Ireland
“Not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Okay. Ordered a toasted sandwich (ham, cheese and tomato) and my partner ordered a bacon, avocado with red onion marmalade sandwich. Two cups of coffee. Very good. Waited at least twenty minutes for our sandwiches. Restaurant not THAT busy. Well, my sandwich was most disappointing. The bread was good but the filling was limited or measured or just plain mean. I think a quarter of a small tomato was used. I got the tip of a pickle on my plate as compensation. Two small salad leaves. Partner's sandwich was disappointing too. Limited flavour. No taste from the marmalade. The entire ordinary meal cost sixteen euro. I felt let-down. I think maybe a new approach is needed. It's as if the restaurant grew complacent and the energy seems a little low. Brighten up. Throw in a few extra tomatoes, a bit of pizazz and I might return. Otherwise no chance. Sorry. Nice looking place but don't expect too much.

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mighty little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch at 4pm. Food was good and reasonably priced. Great homemade soup amongst other goods. Lovely berry and almond tart. Coeliac options too. Exterior could do with a wash but interior was grand.

• Visited October 2013
Dundas, Canada
“A warm and comfortable atmosphere and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I spent time in Galway this past month, having traveled
from Canada.
I'd heard about your cafe through a friend and read about you
on line.
I have to say, I'm so grateful that I found you and that my
Guesthouse was so close in location.
Your staff was lovely. I had some fine chats with Eilis. Your
food was delicious and I was grateful for you accommodating
my request for smaller portions.
I would and will recommend you to any friends that choose to
visit Galway any time .
Thank you for making me feel welcome. Sure wish I had an
Anton's in my town.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Anton's was recommended by the owner of the B&B we stayed at down the street. Great recommendation. It has apparently begun opening up for dinner just recently and the food was wonderful. Their prices are perfect, too. We were only here 3 days, but ate here 2 nights. Loved the salads and the pesto pasta. Heard that the tunafish sandwich is a great lunch option, too!

Visited July 2013