“A wonderful place to be”
Review of Abbey View

Abbey View
Ranked #11 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place to be”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

From the moment we stepped through the door we were welcomed with a spot of tea and a cozy room. Bernie was incredibly sweet and hospitable, and the bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. We had our own bathroom and enjoyed a close proximity to the sitting room. This b&b is just far enough away from town to feel like the country, but just close enough for us to catch our train in the morning (which Bernie was sweet enough to drive us to!). We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning and a yummy meal across the road at the hotel the previous evening. I would highly recommend staying here- you will wish you were returning no matter how many nights you have booked!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kjstephe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed there for one night and this place is nice, clean with comfortable rooms.
We found out this B&B on our way and It’s was a great place to stay.
The owner Bernie is a lovely lady, very friendly and her welcome is very warm. She made a welcoming tea at our arrival and made us a tasty breakfast in the morning.
The B&B is conveniently located to explore Galway and the Connemara. It’s a good value for money
We highly recommend Abbey View

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bandon82
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Bernie is so great - I felt like I was staying with a relative! I spent a lot of time by the fireplace enjoying cups of tea and I extended my stay by 2 days. Without a car it was a bit challenging, but Bernie was so helpful (she even drove me to an interview!). The food at the Oak Cellar across the street was delicious too! I wonder if some of the loveliness should be a surprise - like the horse grazing outside my window or the cozy electric blanket or the yummy pancakes. I would whole heartedly recommend this place and if I return to Galway I will stay there again!

Room Tip: As a solo traveller I stayed in the en-suite at the end of the hall and was very happy with it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank blue_skysunshine
Caerano di San Marco, Italy
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend felt like at home in this nice B&B. The owner Bernie is a lovely lady and she made us so welcome.
Everything here is wonderful. Bernie makes a big and tasty breakfast in the morning and ask if you want any tea or coffee when you return to the B&B after your day of traveling. In the living room a fireplace is always running, perfect to rest and get your tea.
We highly recommend Abbey View, just outside Galway.
Definitely coming back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank matteodesmo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed there for one night with my wife and son and its absolutely amazing.
Bernie- the owner is a lovely lady who will make sure that you feel like home. There is no problem with anything from a sandwich to inhalation set (my wife got a flu the day before travel).
The place is nice, clean and tidy with lavender on the pillows on the arrival ;)
Big living room with huge window and always running fireplace.
Breakfest big and tasty, perfect for a whole day of travelling.
I will strongly reccomend Ms Bernie and her house, cause over there you are gonna feel like in your own.
Deffinetly coming back :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mbanowski
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Myself and my husband felt very much at home in this little B&B. The hostess Bernie was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very tasty and is located just a short taxi ride outside of city. After a night out we came home to heated beds with electric blankets. Overall a very friendly and welcoming B&B.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona D
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a lovely homely place where you are made so welcome. Roaring open fire, tea/coffee on arrival. The value for money is unbelievable for this little gem. we had electric blankets on both beds in the same room and nothing we enquired about was too much for the host Bernie. the breakfast was lovely, all grilled and even had the brown soda bread toasted for us. would highly recommend this b&b. it is just outside galway and a short drive to moycullen. the only downside of the stay was that there was no tv in the bedroom, other than that top quality.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business