“Bernie is a perfect host”
Review of Abbey View

Abbey View
Ranked #12 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Abbey View B&B with my husband and we loved it. The room was perfect, the pancakes delicious. Bernie's hospitality is wonderful. We could leave our car at the B&B and Bernie gave us a ride to the centre of Galway. She recommended good restaurants and helped in finding them. I asked about a laundromat and she wanted to help. We really felt at home. I would recommend Abbey view as a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara P
Bernie M, Owner at Abbey View, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Ireland including Achill Island.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is across from the Glenlo Abbey Hotel/golf grounds. Bernie is very accommodating, warm and welcoming. She makes a delicious Irish breakfast. You feel like you are staying in someone's home rather than staying in a B&B. If you are looking for something updated, you will want to stay somewhere else. But, if you are wanting to be warmly welcomed, Bernie does just that. We were exhausted of many days of travel, and one night stayed in & watched James Bond in the family room. She also has a computer you can freely use in the breakfast room. She will also wash your clothes-if needed. No other B&B in Ireland offered this service-very appreciated. You will enjoy walking across the street to the Glenlo Abbey for a late dinner in the lounge pub, great Guinness & Caesar salad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great place and Bernie is a super host. We were glad to be on the outskirts of town with parking and easy access to Connemara. The grounds are lovely with a nice view of Glenlo Abbey which is right across the street where we had a great dinner. Bernie is so friendly and very helpful in suggesting sites to see and routes for driving.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernie M, Owner at Abbey View, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review,I am happy you enjoyed your trip to Connemara and seeing where your relatives started out from.Enjoy the rest of Summer.Hopefully you will make it back to Galway sometime.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at this B&B for just 1 night while visiting Galway City and also Connemara and other area's. stayed for 1 night and on our night out our taxi was only 10 euro away from all nightlife and restaurants in the city.
The place was spotless, charming , hostest very friendly and its fantastic value for just 60 euro for the night. Had a very comfortable sleep and everything we needed was provided instantly when requested.
Its a beautiful home kept to a great standard, convenient enough location to the city centre and the breakfast was also top quality (everything from cereal, yogurts, tea/coffee to a full irish breakfast works and all).

Would recommend this B&B and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernie M, Owner at Abbey View, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of my bed and breakfast ,I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Galway,and you were so lucky to get a beautiful day to visit Connemara.Hopefully you will make it back to Galway again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed for two nights while checking out Connemara and Galway area. Very comfortable stay in a good location with a welcoming hostess! The food was delicious and the grounds were beautiful. My only complaint is that there was very little water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Bernie is an amazing host. She makes you feel so at home. There is a wonderful lounge solely for the use of the guests, and she was kind enough to light a fire (mid-summer!) for my father, who was feeling the cold! My parents, son and I had a wonderful stay here for a few nights, and Bernie offered wonderful tips and advice which certainly made our stay much better. I also loved our late-night chat when all my family had gone to bed. Her breakfast is incredibly delicious, and extremely generous.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bernie M, Owner at Abbey View, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review I hope your Mom and Dad enjoyed their holiday and had a safe trip home to South Africa.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here in early June while attending a wedding in Glenlo Abbey which is directly across the road. While I only booked this because the hotel was full, it turned out to be a stroke of luck. This places provides great accommodation run by a very friendly lady (Bernie,I think). It gives you the access you need to Glenlo at a fraction of the price. The place is great and in a wonderful setting while the family really are very accommodative and friendly. As I was a little worse for ware the next day I was allowed check out late while I got some much needed rest. Bernie was also kind enough to post me on something I left behind. If you are attending a wedding across the road you would be mad not to stay here and get the best of both worlds for a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed: June 2013
Bernie M, Owner at Abbey View, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review,I know you had a great day at the wedding.