“Average”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Short but nice wine list , nice desserts, main meals ok
one room with cooking done in kitchen in view.
Overrated.

1  Thank smithers58

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great food locally sourced in an unpretentious bistro away from the tourist area. Menu changes often depending on chef's choices of locally sourced food. Friendly service and great value. Recommended.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Just back from France, I didn't expect it to compare with the meals I'd had there. And it didn't compare, it was exception. I'm still raving about it to friends. Roll on my next visit to Galway.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Dinner for two this evening at La Fine Bouche...reserved based on other Tripadvisor reviews. The menu for the evening (it changes every day) had several items that sounded great. We chose the Guinea hen as our main (shared) and had two starters: vegetable terrine (the best we have ever had, beautifully cooked and presented) and a seafood broth soup. We loved the flavor combinations, the lightness of the soup, the freshness of the vegies, and the delicate French flavoring. The Guinea hen was tender and moist and served with a delightful ratatouille and new potatoes. The service was great and the timing of the meal was just right. We could have stopped after the main and been happy...sure glad we didn't. The raspberry almond tart was light with a perfect crust and the flavor was fruitful but not too sweet. The creme brulee was off the charts delicious. If you are a "foodie" in Galway you want to eat here.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

An informal restaurant with a warm ambiance and fantastic food. We seated ourselves and could see that the kitchen was open which is nice. Quite a few tables were in various stages of their meal and there was a nice buzz. We ordered from a chalk board which contained 10 dishes both starters and mains - our meal was served promptly and the service was just right - I choose cauliflower and Gruyere soup and my husband choose the fish broth...I tasted his and it was amazing. Mine was very flavoursome and well balanced served with fresh brown wheaten bread. Then we each had a salad - mine was crispy bacon on warm leaves with feta and beetroot and port dressing and my husbands was warm quiche with salad - both were gorgeous and the chilled house white wine was really very good!! I couldn't resist the chilli, ginger & chocolate cake with ice cream and a very nice espresso coffee to finish as my husband appreciated the remainder of the wine......all very well priced we left feeling very pleased with our romantic lunch in Galway :)