“Rip Off Ireland is still alive and kicking in Arabica” 1 of 5 bubbles

Arabica
Ranked #33 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Galway
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Rip Off Ireland is still alive and kicking in Arabica”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dropped into Arabica in the Aquarium for a bit of lunch with my son. Decided to go a veggie option so ordered the Avocado and hummus sandwich. Cost is €7.80. When it arrived I was appalled. Two slices of cheap brown sliced pan, a half of a tiny beetroot in each half of the sandwich, two miserable little bits of lettuce, two small slices of tomato, couldn't taste any hummus, but I think there may have been a little spread of it on one side of the sandwich, some small little pieces of avocado, probably a quarter of one avocado's worth, and loads of bits of carrot as filler. I think the hummus might have been a hummus dip, not real hummus, not enough on it to determine. I took one bite out of it, horrible, so I called the waitress and sent it back. She was fine with it and when I explained my reasons she seemed sympathetic. When I went to pay they deducted the cost of the so called hummus and avocado sandwich. Coffee was nice though and the service good. I think if I had to make that sandwich myself it would of cost about 80c. Rip off and I won't be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank PaulJCunn

Boyle, Ireland
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I met my friends, who had already been served, at the tables outside & went in to order a simple tea & a light snack. I was asked if it was for 'take-away' & told the girl it was for sitting outside so she said that would be 'take-away'. I paid her. She gave me the snack I had ordered on a delph plate & I waited while another girl made the drinks. It was busy, so I waited quietly. After 15 mins of standing there watching her make coffees, teas etc & allowing for a backlog of orders before mine, I said, "Look at the time on my order, could you just give me my take-away tea or give me my money back."
She walked away, expressionless, & came back & handed me €2! I couldn't believe it! I said, "I've been standing here holding this for the last 15 mins," indicating the plate of food & she said, "Oh, do you want a refund for that too?" I did not. I just wanted to take my purchases outside & join my friends, but I was so appalled & shocked at this blonde girl's attitude & lack of any courtesy that I said, "Yes."
She gave me my money back without any apology or words of any sort & I told her her attitude was shocking & it was the worst service I had ever experienced. She did not seem to care.
When I told my friends outside they said she had also been rude to them. We will not be back.

• Visited October 2012