“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere!”

The Quay Street Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went here yesterday to sit down for tea while reading and early dinner. Loved the atmosphere (classic 50's and 60's rock-n-roll and the like was being played on their sound system), greatly enjoyed the service (the waitresses are really nice!) and loved the food (really great mussels).

I'll definitely be coming back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went here two nights of three in Galway. Have to say that the BBQ spicy wings are amazing!! Got them twice. Pan seared sea bass dinner special and chicken burger with sweet potato fries...also great! Portions are large enough. Dessert looked scrumptious but we never had enough room after dinner to order one.

Service also top notch :)

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

If you want quality food, excellent food, top class service at a reasonable price then go no further

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting Galway recently. Walking down Quay Street, we decided to stop for lunch and sit outside. We were not familiar with the restaurants so it was quite by chance that we happened upon The Quay Street Kitchen. How lucky for us. We are vegetarians and were delighted by so many options. To be honest, I do not remember what my selection was named, but I remember that it was unique, well seasoned and fresh....and delicious! Loved the shawls on the backs of the chairs for customers to use. Such a charming restaurant and terrific servers.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife & I visited the Kitchen for lunch during our stay in Galway. Everything was as good as most of the reviews have described. The seafood chowder my wife had for starters was outstanding & our mains were excellent, as well. Service was prompt & attentive & there were many gluten free options, for those affected. We would certainly recommend this place highly right in the middle of everything in Galway.