“Great find”

Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We tried to make dinner reservation having read recommendatons on TA but told they don't accept these. However we turned up shortly after 7.30 and were able to walk straight in but it seemed to fill up very shortly afterwards. I particularly liked the veggie curry. If you are a cider drinker try the Longueville House craft cider which is excellent. Staff friendly and service prompt.

1  Thank Angolsontour
Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Probably one of the best restaurants I've ever been to! (Food wise). Not to expensive and great quality of food! Lets start with the restaurant itself, small slightly cramped but understadably so, still it was pleasant and did not in any way damper our meal.The staff were lovely! Very friendly, helpful and efficient. The only negative about the restaurant as a building was the toilet, small and dingy would be the words I would use to describe it, definatly needs a touch up! Now onto the important part... the food! I started off with the goats cheese salad and oh my god it was amazing! The best goats cheese dish i have ever had for sure! It was a disk of cheese lightly pan fried so the outside was caramalised and the inside was warm and soft, all ontop of a delicious salad, simple but gorgeous!! I followed this with the mussels, they were delicious but I felt they were lacking something. This was followed by the ruhbarb crumble, the ruhbarb itself was delicious but I wasn't a fan of the crumble. All in all I think this is definatly the best retaurant in Galway and well worth a visit!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on the reviews of trip advisor, nice place to eat but bit let down as my expectations were high based on the amazing reviews given on this site. Place is quite small and your very close to the people on either side of you, definitely not a place to go if your looking for a romantic meal! The food is nice but no where near amazing I've had alot better and we were hugely let down by the choice on the menu - only 8 main dishes (which are not that great) and only three dessert choices for the best rated place on Trip Advisor in Galway is very surprising!! The service was good but we were waiting way too long for our starter and main courses plates to be taken away as the waitresses were more interested in clearing away the empty tables around us, I completely understand these tables need to be cleared away quickly to ensure tables are ready for the next customer but we were there mid week and the restaurant was extremely quite. Best thing is the price €74 for two people three course meal (and tea) and a bottle of wine is excellent value! Good place but certainly does not deserve the raving reviews given on this site!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

First night in Galway decided to visit the Quay Street Kitchen, we had a very warm welcome by the staff and their service was excellent. We had a table outside under the canopy which gave us a fabulous view of the busy Quay street, topped off with a blanket if needed to keep your knees warm. The food was average but the service and the location really does make this place very good to visit. The warm welcome by staff makes this place standout.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

It has to be said, restaurant food in Ireland is not always the best. So we were very happy to discover this place and have a really wonderful meal. My husband and I both had a chicken special with sweet potato fries (the only place we saw sweet potatoes as a side in 2 weeks of travel through Ireland). They also have a selection of Irish Craft beers, which are not readily available in most pubs/restaurants in Galway.

The wait can be long, so go in and put your name down before you are starving and walk around, have a drink somewhere else, enjoy Galway, and head back within your time frame. The staff is wonderful- so nice and personable!