“Very nice restaurant”

Brasserie On The Corner
Ranked #15 of 470 Restaurants in Galway
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the best sea-food dishes created from the freshest fish, straight off the boat, top quality locally-sourced steaks, vegetarian dishes crafted from the finest local seasonal produce and an extensive wine list with over 40 wines from boutique vineyards around the world. Brasserie on the Corner offers the very best in upscale casual dining with dishes that are expertly prepared then served simply in a buzzing yet relaxed atmosphere. Menus have been carefully created using the best quality ingredients from local producers such as Renvyle Mussels, Gannet's Fishmongers & McGeough's Butchers. This is food with a sense of place from Galway's great natural larder. Brasserie on the Corner opens daily from 11am until 10pm serving lunch and dinner.
Ireland
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Called in here at 5.30 in the evening. Seems it gets pretty busy as waitress told us that we could only have the table for 2 hours as they were fully booked! Loads of time to eat!
There was an early bird menu at €21.95 for 3 courses that seemed quite reasonable. We decided on the a la carte.
My wife ordered the monkfish scampi which came with rocket and fries. She thought it very nice and very filling and was glad she had forsaken a starter. I had a 10 oz ribeye which was cooked perfectly and was superb as it melted in the mouth. It came with super onion rings and a less successful tomato relish. The fries, which were homemade (Maris piper apparently) were not great. I prefer skinny fries myself
We decided to have dessert and coffee. I had a Crete brûlée which was also accompanied by coconut ice cream and a berry compote
She had three scoops of ice cream, chocolate, hazelnut, and vanilla also with berries and bus unit. They were large portions. The coffee, which was good came in very large cups. All round a very good meal

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazballs!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Christmas Party 2014
Visited this wonderful place on Sunday the 12th of Jan 2014 for our Christmas party, our party consisted of 80-90 persons, as you can understand that amount was not easy, but the staff at Blake's made it look like a piece of cake!!!
The food as just the best I have ever had, duck cakes to start, Hake for mains & topped off with a chocolate brownie WOW!!!
All members of the large party had nothing but great words to say about our evening at Blake's....

Eimear & her amazing team Thank you so much from us all....

Keep up the great work, will be telling all Galway about our visit!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank GalwayBlondee
“Nothing special”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

As I've been away for a while it was with great interest I restarted my regular visits to Galway's eateries. I had the beef fillet on the night. It was fine. The place was doing good business, but the night was nothing special. It was all just average. I forget the exact bill, but it was not cheap. My partner and I expected something different. I expected more of a steak house atmosphere and theme, this is a good average middle of the road establishment , perfect when you are hungry.. Nothing special.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MrGalway
brasseriegalway, Manager at Brasserie On The Corner, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Mr Galway

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to engage with customers to ensure all their expectations are exceeded and make their visit more special in anyway we can. Personal preferences often vary greatly so if that means tailoring a special dish, arranging a special menu, a birthday presentation or a bottle of champagne, we are always happy to help. Just let us know.

We pride ourselves on providing the very best locally sourced Seafood and Steak served by friendly attentive staff in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We look forward to making your next visit more special.
Tipperary, Ireland
“Best meal out ever, I think!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Luckily we made a reservation a week in advance as we had been given a gift voucher for Christmas. Everything was wonderful, they were very busy, but all staff had time to be pleasant and helpful, the food was out of this world, even the music was great. Will definitely be back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank JillieBeanie
Cork
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great restaurant - set menu for New Years Eve. Fab value at 49.95 for 5 courses and a glass of fizz!
Food was delicious every course presented well.
Service was attentive but not "in your face".
Would've liked a bit more of a buzz at midnight maybe but other than that we had a superb evening!
Post dinner drinks in the bar next door were good too.
Will return next time I'm in Galway.

Visited December 2013