“Nice, Clean Ferry to get to Inishmoor”

Aran Island Ferries
Ranked #1 of 15 Transportation in Galway
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The ferry was clean and the ride was fast and on time. We had bikes that we were bringing over and they took care of putting them on/off ferry for us which was great.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

With a bus from Galway to and from the ferries is an ideal way to do a day tour of Inishmore. The ferry ride is comfortable. Tours by horse carriage and buses are available on the island. If you take a horse carriage make sure it has a roof in case of rain. If you take a bus make sure he will stop and let you off at the sites to take a look, not just rush past (which ours did except for the major site).

Reviewed August 19, 2013

i liked how you can purchase the bus/ferry ticket at the same time, as the ferry terminal is quite away out. try go in summer as if your easily sea sick like i get you wont have a good trip. nothing on the way the guy drives the boat. the boat was also clean comfortable, we went to inis mor

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This ferry service is basically just a way to get to the islands & certainly not a pleasure cruise. The crew is stoic & gruff, including the bus driver on the shuttle from Galway. I wish I had splurged on a cab to avoid an oversized woman falling asleep on me in the overcrowded shuttle bus. In stark contrast, the locals & visitors alike on Inis Meáin are amazing. I wish I had had more time to walk around the island as I barely covered 1 of the 3 walking loops. The beauty of the islands is worth the crude transportation.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had an awful dealing with Mr O Brien the owner of Aran ferries from Rossaveal last Sunday morning. What had planned to be a little adventure organized booked and planned by Marcela the governor of Flahertys Ostan in Inis Oir to entertain the islanders as part of the festival turned into quite an awful morning.
Mr O Brien marched over to us and I quote "all that s**t isn't going on my boat" at first I thought it was a bit of Irish banter, he march away and we said or did nothing, he came back 10 minutes later and screamed at us again, pack up that gear we are not taking you to the island, we need this area clear for passengers.
Firstly let me point out, that we thought all this had been arranged, so much to our surprise when we were treated like this.
We called the governor of the hotel on the island to speak to Mr. O Brien he accepted his he was equally rude to her and full of ego he hung up and said pack up your gear!
So we did, I would not recommend using his services to anyone he is only interested in $$$ and the tourist buck! he has no respect or manners and he must have left his customer service part of his brain out on the Atlantic!!!!
The islands are beautiful and well worth a visit, but if you want to be looked after head south and catch a ferry from Doolin in Co. Clare these guys know a thing or two about looking after their clients!

9  Thank Hungryfoodblogger