“First timer”

Raw Sushi In The Sky
Ranked #111 of 470 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: RAW - sushi in the sky... finally, authentic Japanese sushi comes to Galway! An intriguing proposition, and a perfect fit for the west of Ireland where some of the finest fresh fish available is landed, RAW is a destination restaurant at the top of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. Serving an exciting selection of authentic Japanese sushi, sashimi, sakes and whiskies, RAW showcases local fish as much as possible in creating traditional Japanese sushi, led by master craftsman and Japanese native Hisashi Kumagai, RAW's chef. Open Tuesday - Saturday 6pm to 10pm
midlands
“First timer”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was my first time trying Sushi and I have to say it will not be my last. Raw...was a great. The setting was beautiful (very romantic)...the staff very friendly and helpful...esp for a novice like me. My friend who has tasted the best Sushi in the world loved it. He said it was one of the best he ever had! I will be back!

• Visited March 2014
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Raw Sushi In The Sky, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read that you had such a nice experience in Raw.

It is great to read that you have been converted to a sushi lover and I am delighted to that you plan to return very soon.

We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“First Timer :)”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've eaten Sushi before from the Supermarket, but never actually been to a Sushi restuarant. While staying at the Radisson Blu, my friends and I decided this was the perfect time to try something new.
We decided to try Raw on the last night of our stay - after a long day exploring Galway and the countryside, we made our way back to the hotel and then to Raw for dinner. We were very warmly greeted, though they had no tables for 3 available, they quickly rectified this and put 2 tables together for us.
As a vegetarian, I wasn't sure what I could have, the lovely lady who was taking care of us happily went through the items on the menu for me, explaining what each one was.
I ordered a couple of items off the menu and they were all AMAZING.
I had the Inari, Mixed Vegatarian Roll and Edamame.

When we return to stay at the Radisson again in the future, I will definitely be going back to Raw.

Thank you so much for a great meal.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

I am delighted to read that you had such a positive experience in Raw - sushi in the sky and I am glad that you found there was plenty of choice for vegetarians.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon.

Galway, Ireland
“Excellent time and time again”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I along with with family and friends have visited raw on numerous occasions and it just seems to get Better and better each time we go.
We are always greeted with a huge smile and warm welcome, the ambience is wonderful and the setting and decor are great.
More importantly the food is flawless, if you are a little worries about trying sushi then don't be not everything is as the menu suggests raw and if you're unsure what to order just ask, they couldn't be more helpful.
The wine list here is great too as are the Japanese beers, I would very highly recommend this place folks get down and try it when you can.

1 Thank Craigs1984
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind review and for recommending Raw-Sushi in the Sky.

It is always fantastic to hear that we have such loyal visitors to the Restaurant.

We will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Galway, Ireland
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Brought my teenage daughter and my cousin for Sushi here on a damp January evening so couldn't enjoy the view but this was more than compensated for by the welcome we recieved.
We opted to try everything between us and mixed and matched, Service was super efficient and friendly and every morsel on our plate was explained to us by authentic Japanese servers. There wasn't Guinness on drinks section on the menu so just asked casually if they had same ,if not I would have the Japanese brew, she wouldn't hear of it and went down 6 floors to fetch me a bucket of Guinness.
My daughter was enthralled by the place so much she didnt even take her phone out of her pocket.
The sushi really was the best we have ever had as were the deserts which I was not expecting at all,
I mean Chinese deserts leave a lot to be desired so I was expecting something similar.
My prodigy could not finish all hers and we did not even have to ask if they would do a doggy bag for her, the sushi was put into plastic container with chop sticks soy etc and presented in a beautiful bag to herself. Attention to detail is amazing.
We were first in the doors at around 6pm but within a hour they were turning people away from good sized restaraunt so I would advise booking.
Just like Arnie we'll be back.

• Visited January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of our Restaurant - Raw - sushi in the sky.

It is great to read that everyone enjoyed the food and I will pass your kind words onto our team in Raw.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Raw in the good weather so you can also enjoy the views of Lough Atalia.

Again many thanks,

Riga, Latvia
“best sushi in galway”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Its really worth to visit this place. The sushi were very good, the rice and fish were so well prepared!! The service was very friendly!! I love sushi and those were really one of best ones i ever tried!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback of your visit to Raw- Sushi in the Sky.

I am delighted to red that you enjoyed the experience and hope that you will return very soon.