“Top Class”

Raw Sushi In The Sky
Ranked #104 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: RAW - sushi in the sky... finally, authentic Japanese sushi comes to Galway! An intriguing proposition, and a perfect fit for the west of Ireland where some of the finest fresh fish available is landed, RAW is a destination restaurant at the top of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. Serving an exciting selection of authentic Japanese sushi, sashimi, sakes and whiskies, RAW showcases local fish as much as possible in creating traditional Japanese sushi, led by master craftsman and Japanese native Hisashi Kumagai, RAW's chef. Open Tuesday - Saturday 6pm to 10pm
Galway, Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

RAW in the Sky at the Galway Radisson is an experience not to be missed. The Sushi is authentic and fabulous. The marinated duck breast defies description as it is so nice.
RAW enjoys a unique location and the decor is wonderfully designed and coordinated.
Some of our party were "First Timers" as Sushi eaters and the lovely Japanese lady who served us was so so helpful and patient. Our server was very attentive and really struck the balance between being helpful without being obtrusive.

I would highly recommend RAW, it is Top Class

Galway, Ireland
“I keep going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love this place so much! I've had sushi in a few other restaurants including a 'top notch' one in Tenerife. Yet I still think this place beats all. The staff are lovely. I have a favourite one which I need to get the name of! She's a lovely Asian woman who welcomes us very kindly every time and seems happy every time, She always puts my boyfriend and I in a good mood. I go here with my boyfriend whenever we can. I literally crave their sushi! I couldn't compliment this place enough! My boyfriend loves the tuna maki and I love the California rolls. The pictures are from different times we were there!

1 Thank Shannontkd
Dublin, Ireland
“Super Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

The is a gem in the middle of Galway! By far the best sushi restaurant I've been to outside if Japan (and I've been to many!). The quality and presentation is exceptional and made with great care and skill. The atmosphere is really sublime and the view is relaxing. Albeit pricey, this place is great for a special occasion and it is close to authentic Japanese sushi, and the service is really good too. I was also surprised to see 'Oshizushi' or pressed sushi outside of Osaka, Japan. I highly recommend this place over Yo Sushi! any day.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LavaYuki
Galway, Ireland
“Best Sushi in Galway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went to the Sushi in the Sky many times and always had enjoyed it as I am a fan of Sushi it is great to be able to enjoy it in Galway. The Sushi and fish is always fresh and very good value for money. The only thing I can say is that they are opened not all the time and specific times so make sure it's open before you go in

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was compelled to create this account to write a review on this place.

The food was outstanding, and the portions were quite large and delicious.

We had the set menu for 35e and a couple of other plates to try and we ended up with way more food than we could eat.

If you like sushi do not pass this place by!
Very friendly staff and great view too. Will be returning!