“If this is one of the best I don't want to try the rest”
Review of Tulsi

Tulsi
Ranked #183 of 487 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Based on good reviews online myself and my partner went there on our first trip to Galway. We love indian food and have been to India so we eat it quite a lot! They brought out poppadoms and some dips which were nice but before we finished them they took the dips we had been eating out of and put them on another table for a different group?! I thought this was bizarre and very poor. We got chilli chicken masala and madras. Both were extremely generic flavourless sauces. They tasted nearly the same which I hate - shows they don't put effort into each dish just make a base and add in some different spices. It was ok but nothing that you couldn't get out of a jar. Not worth the time or money I can't understand how people think this is good food! On the plus side one of the waiters was very nice and friendly. Also the chocolate that came with the bill was yum, as my partner said the best part of the meal.

There are newer reviews for Tulsi

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This must have been the worse restaurant I was in in many years. The staff were unfriendly and unprofessional. They chatted at the counter and glances side ways at me while I had my meal.
The 5 crab claws for starter were roasted and black, no flavour. THEY SEEM TO SERVE LOTS OF ONIONS. So if you like onions you may like Tulsi Galway.
I had starter which was terrible, main meal was below average and bottle of wine was not good.
I will not be back, not now, not ever. SO UNFRIENDLY STAFF.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very good Indian restaurant based in a remote area of Galway city. The quality is first class as is the service. I always go there when I fancy an excellent Indian meal, and they have never failed to deliver. I can honestly recommend very highly.
They have a limited selection of quality wine at a very good rate which actually shocked me.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I met a couple for dinner - old friends of ours from when we lived in Galway 20 years ago. We are out of touch with the restaurant scene now, but our friends guaranteed we would love this place, and they were right! The spices in the sauces are amazing. Such rich flavors. The chicken in my dinner was perfectly cooked. I had samosas for an appetizer, and although the portion seemed small for the price, they were delicious. The restaurant is pricey, but this seems to be the status quo in Galway these days. The service was friendly and attentive. My husband and I will no longer enjoy our local Indian restaurant in Baltimore like we used to, because Tulsi beats it hands down!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have always heard nothing but good reviews about Tulsi and I decided a few weeks ago to try it out. I decided to order two main courses consisting of a 'Bombay Aloo', 'Lamb Rogan Josh' and finally a side of garlic naan. We ordered for take away and to be collected. Upon bringing the meals home I was pleased with the aromas, after a few tastes of my main course I found a small hair in my food and was very annoyed and decided to stop eating my meal. A few minutes later my boyfriend found a rather long hair in his main course- this hair was totally different to the hair found in mine. That night I sent Tulsi an email (which they still haven't responded to) and also contacted them two days later, the employee on the phone could not have been ruder and firstly told me that I did not order from their restaurant and secondly that their chef had no hair. I was really annoyed at this stage as his even lack of any remorse whatsoever- he was extremely rude and did not even apologize at any stage, I asked him for a refund as after spending €27 on this take away. I was then rang back to be told that I could not get a refund but only a free meal- I made it clear that I had no desire to ever eat there again and therefore wanted a refund. The refund never happened and I had a really terrible experience with the employee on the phone who had absolutely no knowledge about how to speak to paying customers.