“Great new year stay”

Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Great new year stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in the hotel over the new year , although hotel was busy we found the staff so helpful . The rooms were bright & clean. My partner found the pool & steam room really good . There also was plenty of parking . Will be heading back .

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Paris1986
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Mr. Shay Livingstone and all the Team here at The Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us by writing your review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and we appreciate your very positive feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Kindest regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here between Xmas Day and New Years Eve. Great family hotel, great pool, excellent food & super staff. It's big and when busy the large bar is great craic & good live music. Great value for money. Keep it up & we'll be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Johnnyfivestar
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Shay Livingstone, General Manager and all the Team here at The Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are always delighted to receive our guest’s feedback which is very important to us.

It was wonderful to read that your stay with us was so enjoyable.

We look forward welcoming back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was just back in Ireland for another visit to Galway and stayed over New Year's at the Connacht. Last year I has stayed there and it was the Carlton back then. The place seems to have taken a good turn with the name change. The room was clean and well appointed and good value for what I paid. I had some appetizers at the bar which were pretty tasty and the service was great. I teamed up with a group from out of town and we had a couple of drinks together. Very friendly vibe overall and glad I made the decision to come back. I will be stopping there again on my next trip...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Dec71_12
Dear Guest,

It was wonderful to read that your stay with us was so enjoyable.

We look forward welcoming back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. Staff are very courteous and welcoming. Hotel is very central. Pool is lovely. We stayed here on New Years Eve. Security very good. They check the names and room numbers when coming back in at night. The only thing I have against the hotel is that pyjamas were allowed to be worn in the restaurant for breakfast by children and adults. They were also worn around the hotel and by adults (women) outside the front of the hotel smoking. I don't think it is right for pyjamas to be worn like this in hotels. There was a sign up in the restaurant that shoes must be worn they should also include no pyjamas. Other than this it is a lovely hotel. This could be a four stars but with the wearing of pyjamas in restaurant and around hotel I will give it three stars.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank alila60
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights for the new years break. We were really disappointed with the entire experience.

The place was overrun. There were unsupervised children running riot, screaming down hallways, banging on all the doors. The lift to our room was covered in litter and spilled ice cream when we arrived and hadn't been cleaned by the time we left.

We tried to get room service to avid having to go down to the bar- which was absolutely teaming with really drunk families and aggressive men. They didn't answer for 10 minutes and then said room service wasn't available, so i had to go to the restaurant to get it. When I did go to the bar to order, they said there was no more food for an hour and a half.

Over all I was really disappointed especially given how expensive it was.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GRAHAMBE
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you have taken the time to write this review regarding your experience during your last visit.

I am very sorry to read that your visit to us was as you described and it is most unfortunate that you did not bring your dissatisfaction to our attention prior to your departure. I would have been more that happy to speak with you in person regarding your experience.

If you would be so kind as to make e-mail contact with me on lpettit@theconnacht.ie, or by calling 091 381200, I would be delighted to address your complaint with you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Guest Relations Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with kids between xmas and new year. Rooms very clean and confortable. Very family friendly. Breakfast great. Kids loved pool. Only 2 min drive from city centre. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank brownzerella
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times when visiting Galway....the reception staff are always lovely to deal with....the rooms are always very clean and nicely sized....the only downside is that there is not much lighting in the rooms....always managed to park fine too....only had breakfast and that has always been brilliant....

Stayed February 2013