“Bliss”
Review of Spirit One Spa

Spirit One Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Galway
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is one of the best Spa's + Thermal Suites in Ireland and I've been in plenty. The thermal area itself is wonderful with so much choice. The treatments are incredible, they will find knots you never knew you had & you will leave feeling alive again. So worth a visit if your in Galway. Not to be missed.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

Me a friend stayed in the radisson and availed of the spirit one spa as a treat. I got a back massage and a facial. The beauty therapist was very good, warm and friendly. The thermal suite and leisure centre was so relaxing.

A TripAdvisor Member
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2006

For my Christams present my boyfriend gave me a perfect surprise package for the spirit one spa. In February I decided to book in for my special treat. It took almost 12 phonecalls back and forth between the spa's reception to make the reservation. A number of problems arose with each phonecall; their systems were down, they couldn't bring up the following months appointments on the system or the person I was looking for was busy. Also I felt the staff were unfriendly on the phone. I almost felt like they were doing me a favour rather than the other way around. It was extremely frustrating and if my boyfriend hadn't already paid for the voucher I would have given up making the reservation after the fourth phonecall.

Once I arrived at the spa however I had a great day. It was an absolute treat. The reception area was peaceful and inviting. The thermal suites were relaxing and therapeutic. The staff, away from the phone, were very friendly and helpful. My treatments included a facial, a pedicure and a manicure. I think I fell asleep during the facial!! My feet and hands were also well pampered.

They only other comment I would add is regarding the timing of the treatments. I arrived at the spa with my friend and our treatments were scheduled in parallel. As her pedicure and manicure were quite delayed I spent alot of the afternoon alone in the thermal suites waiting for her to finish. This was disappointing.

All in all I enjoyed my day in the spa. The package cost roughly €230 pp. I do think it is too expensive for what you receive on the day. Also the reservation system of the spa must be improved. It simply is not good enough to expect a client to pay such money for a one day package and go through such stress to make the reservation. The purpose of going to the spa is to relieve the stress in your daily life not to add to it!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2005

My husband and I organised a spa day for two here, to get some well deserved rest and relaxation.
It was fantastic. When we arrived we were treated with courtesy and relaxed friendliness. The girls were very chatty... we filled out our health history forms and had a drink and then we were shown around. The facilities are top notch; the thermal suite is great, with various steam rooms, UV cycle room, heated loungers, aromatherapy room, tropical showers etc. We had a dip in the pool and hot tub first, which was lovely as we could look over Lough Atalia in comfort. The changing rooms were clean and comfortable.
After enjoying the thermal suite we went for our lunch in the Radisson which was part of the package. it was absolutely lovely; there was a huge selection in the buffet and the dining area was bright and relaxing, even with all the other diners there!
After lunch we had our treatments, a Steam Serail Mud treatment and a body scrub and massage. Bliss (even though I must say I didn't experience the long-lasting relaxation or skin benefits... I have good skin either way!).
Highly recommended. The staff are experinced and helpful and make you feel completely at ease and the facilites and treatment options are great.
However, I did have a manicure and pedicure there since and although once again I had a blissed out time, the actual manicure wasn't of great quality.

9  Thank LisaMcI