Imperial Hotel Galway
$259
$200
$194
$167
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
$141
Sea-Breeze Lodge(Galway)
$297
$168
$162
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
$163
Travelocity
$270
$238
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfasteyre squaregreat locationcold meatstrain stationcentral hotelyour doorstepfirst floorroom was largecar parkarts festivalbit datedhen partya lovely staylovely hotelyogurtpubs
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed three nights June 23-26 at the Imperial Hotel in Galway with a small group of 11. Rooms nice, spacious, clean, and quiet on the backside of the hotel. Breakfast continental buffet simple but ample. Helpful staff. Location on Eyre Square perfect for local and daytrips. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear accidental_pilgrim

Thank you so much for your review. I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Imperial Hotel. Sorry for the delay in responding as I was on holidays myself. It was great to read that your group enjoyed our Bedrooms as being Spacious, clean and Quiet and that our staff were so Helpful and its true we do have a great location, right on Eyre Square Galway City.

Thanks again and as always this review will be posted on the staff notice board.
The Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My self and my daughter here and i must say we were very impressed the room was so spacious with double bed single bed and lovely sofa for t.v. which also turned into bed.was nice to sit and unwind instead of having to sit in bed which most hotels you do.staff were super friendly and helpful.plenty of shops and restaraunts right outside and supermacs right next door for parents with young children and mc.donalds within walking distance train station 5minutes away and bus station the same we went by train and would reccomend this for anyone with no transport.will definately go back and bring the hubby and young kids with me and wheter we,ll take the car or not its nice to know we can choose both options.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank miriamscanlon
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Good morning Miriam,
Thank you for your review I was delighted to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. Yes our location is excellent with everything you would need right on our door step. We would be delighted to see you back again with your younger children and the hubby. As always I will be delighted to display your review on our staff notice board.

Best regards and looking forward to welcoming your family back to the Imperial Hotel, Galway City.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

At no fault of the hotel our stay was marred by the guests who partied all night and into the morning. My friends and I enjoy a good time, but our neighbours did not respect their fellow guest. The hotel was comfortable, close to everything, but noisy.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie A
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Julie A
Thank you for your review I was sorry to read that you had some noisy neighbours can I ask did you phone down to reception to let our night staff know.? We have staff on all night and if you had rang reception they would of being able to go to these guests and ask them to keep the noise down. It is true for you that some guest's just don't respect other guests and I think in some cases they just don't realize how much noise they are making. I was glad to read that you felt that the Imperial Hotel was comfortable and close to everything. We do have a great location right on Eyre Square.
Thank you again for your comments they will as always go up on our staff notice board.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff at this hotel is amazing!! The front desk man was friendly and helpful and stored our bags when needed. They supplied us with a charger and were just overall great people.

The restaurant that is attached is the greatest. One of the managers, whose name I did not get, was absolutely the nicest man! My sister and I requested to split an Irish stew (which turned out to be AMAZING) but he ended up just bringing us our own at no extra charge. This man also took his time to pull out a map and show us all the great pubs to go to and how to get there. The bar staff in the restaurant was friendly and nice. I loved, loved, loved this place.

Location is perfect. You walk out your door and can walk to all the bars and shops. They lock the place up at night so you feel safe and secure. It wasnt loud at all. It was by far my favorite place to stay in Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Burns46
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Burns46

Thank you so much for your review, It made me feel excited and delighted to read what a great team we have here at the Imperial Hotel. Of course I know we have a great team but it is always nice to read about them also. This review will like all the others go on our staff notice board and I will personally speak to the Bar, Restaurant & Front Desk department's to let them know my joy of reading such a nice review.
Yes we do have a great Location right on Eyre Square and the whole City is in easy walking distance.
Thank you again Burns46 and we hope to see you stay with us again the next time you are in our wonderful city.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just like to add that this hotel in the middle of eyre square is perfect for shopping, clubbing and great pubs and restuarants near by. Very clean and nice spacious rooms with a lovely large bed My husband and I had an early bird in a restaurant called Maxwells around the corner and it was fabulous value highly recommend

Room Tip: Higher floors where we stayed had no noise levels whatsoever
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Aine S
Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read that you found the Imperial Hotel's Location very good, yes it's great being right on Eyre Square. I will let the Accommodation Department know that you found your room Very Clean they will be delighted and as always a copy of your review will go on our staff notice board.
I was also glad that the triple glazing kept any noise from the street out !

Thanks again for your kind words its always great to get feedback.