“Right in the heart of Galway city! Stay here for a great location in a lovely hotel!!”

Imperial Hotel Galway
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Galway
England
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The imperial hotel is right in the heart of Galway city where everything is happening! I was recently there, and wanted to stay somewhere that was near enough that I could drop my shopping bags back and reload, and somewhere that wouldn't be too far to walk to feel the bustling atmosphere and energy of Galway by night- this hotel was in the perfect location! At the top of shop street, just past brown thomas. The room was €149 for two persons for the night which was good, but I do think the imperial should put on a few more offers if you're reading this.
that cost also included a continental breakfast, but you could upgrade to an Irish breakfast fry up for €5 more.

Because the imperial is a nice hotel, in a fantastic location, I assume they are always fully booked, the weekend I wanted to go was fully booked and I emailed them in the hope there may be a cancellation, and they did respond with availability. So I would like to thank the imperial hotel for their outstanding communication!

We had a lovely stay at the imperial, the room was warm, the bed was comfortable, it was clean as well, very nice. But one downside is that we could hear our neighbours next door in the night, maybe it was just where our room was, you couldn't hear anything else, just the next door neighbours.

That being said, I would definately go to the imperial again! Lovely hotel, fantastic location, great communication from the staff, I am only sorry I didn't get time to sample your bar menu or breakfast, maybe another time!

• Stayed April 2013
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Imperial Hotel. I was delighted to read that we could offer you alternative dates for your trip to Galway City. I think you helped the recession in Galway with all of the shopping..

Thank you again it was our pleasure to have you stay with us.
Best regards
Galway City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was with a tour when I stayed at the Imperial. I was really impressed. The place is funky in design - long bending hallways to get to some of the rooms which to me added to its charms. It is ideally located for the hubbub of the old part of the city and its harbor and that being said it can also be a little loud with the noises of the street, although maybe it was in part because of the Volvo Ocean Race which had just completed and the hurling championship underway. Easy walking to many shops, restaurants, pubs, and the waterfront.. lovely walk along the river is not far. The food was great, the staff warm and welcoming..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Good afternoon Fmrees
Thank you for your review as always it will be posted up on the staff notice board. That was a great time to visit Galway City with the Volvo Ocean Race and the hurling championship there was a great feel around the City as there normally is but that time was special.
I was delighted to read that you felt that the staff were warm and welcoming, we have a great team at the Imperial Hotel.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that New York is as fun as ever !
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located bang in the centre of Galway. Bar and food is fine for what you pay. Rooms are a bit dark inside and a bit aged. Ideal for stags, hens and anyone looking for a Galway party location. Well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good afternoon GarethK123
Thank you for your review I was sorry to read that you felt that the Imperial Hotel is "Central, Cheap & Cheerful" I know we are Central right on Eyre Square but Cheap & Cheerful I would have to disagree with you. The Imperial Hotel was closed in 2007 and a total refurbishment of the property was done and from then on every year all of the bedrooms and public areas are painted and refreshed. This was done in January 2013. We have a full time maintenance team who are constantly doing upgrading works on rooms or public areas.
We cater for all tourist at the Imperial Hotel not just stags and hens.
Thank you again for your review and it will be displayed with all reviews on the staff notice board
Westmeath, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in Galway at weekend, and were looking for food for a group of us, we walked in and were nicely surprised, a table to accommodate us all. We all were in agreement that each plate of main course was excellent. Portions were huge.
We all would come back here for food and maybe accommodation next time in Galway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Good afternoon Smalltourist
Thank you for your review about our Bar Food. It is great to get feedback and it makes everyone happy when its good feedback. As always I will be happy to display your review on our staff notice board. If you would like accommodation please get in contact with us and we would be delighted to work with you on it.
Once again Smalltourist tanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the Imperial Hotel again soon.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is neat and clean. Dinner for 76 was very good. Good breakfast buffet as well. Traveling with a group, there was no check in. They merely give you a key. Convenient to restaurants and shops. Short walk to water front. This is not a 5 star hotel, but that's not what you need to enjoy your vacation. Beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the hotel. Party revelers may keep you awake.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon BillB47
Thank you for your review on trip advisor and we were delighted to welcome your group all 76 of you. I had the pleasure to speak to most of the group myself in the mornings and they were some of the most pleasant people I have meet. When checking in Groups Bill we don't like to waste time as we know that you have a schedule to keep so we have all of the work done before you arrive which only leaves the issuing of the keys to your rooms.
I trust you made it back to Charlotte safe and well and you know where we are should you return to Galway City.
All the best and thank you again for your kind words
Galway
Sydney
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Easy to find & convenient location by Galway's main square. The main train station is just over the other side of the square which is also very convenient. The main pedestrianised shopping strip begins just to the right when walking out of the hotel. As for our room, I'm pretty sure they upgraded us because we only booked a standard room but it was absolutely massive, soo much space to spread out and relax, nice couch, comfy bed, bathroom also very large. If it was an upgrade then it was very nice of the staff to do that without us asking, and if not....then their standard room is very large! Breakfast was included in our rate & was good. There was a bit of construction noise from the neighboring building in the morning so hopefully that won't be going on for too long. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Laguida,
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us. We have a great team at the Imperial Hotel, Eyre Square, Galway City and I will be delighted to display your review as we do with all reviews on the staff notice board. Hope you had an enjoyable time in Ireland and a safe journey home to the wonderful city that is Sydney - Loved it when I was there..

All the best and hope to see you again at the Imperial Hotel, Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed here a few times over the years and love it have stayed in a few other hotels in galway but always come back here (great craic always had esp in the residents bar) the staff and management are very friendly and very helpful and will go out of their way to help you, the rooms are spacious and clean the beds are comfy and the bathrooms are clean, the hotel is centrally located just minutes walk from train an bus station and close to restaurants and bars, and for late drinks you cant beat the craic in the residents bar its popular with hens andstags so as you can imagene there is plenty of craic to be had, breakfast is good its continental breakfast but theres a fry up available from restaurant if needed, I highly reccomend this hotel for hen/stag party or for a weekend away with ur mates, I will most definatly be returning

• Stayed April 2013