St. Jude's Bed and Breakfast
The Western Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$248
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$134
$118
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$140
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$153
$148
$203
$185
  • Restaurant
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$131
$123
Hotels.com
$221
$182
  • Breakfast included
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotels.com
$360
$340
Travelocity
All reviewsst judesb btrained chefhouse is beautifulfront of the housecity centrehot showervery nice place to stayshort walkbreakfast was deliciousnext morningwi fiwater pressurethoroughly enjoyed our stayonly stayed one nightroom was largeconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The house is beautiful inside and out. Once you enter the driveway, you forget that the house is located on a busy street. The room was large enough to accommodate 3 adults and the breakfasts were wonderful. The other guests were friendly and seemed happy with their stay as well. We did have unfortunate problems with the bathroom. The shower drain was slow and we had to take "military" showers to allow the water to drain. More disturbing was the terrible urine smell in the bathroom. We would have mentioned it to the staff however, we never saw anyone except at breakfast and I didn't want to make a public announcement in front of the other guests.
One reviewer mentioned that the staff was unobtrusive. It's true, however I would have like to let them know about our issue. Btw, I have written to them to let them know.
Overall, it was a lovely place to stay during our two nights in Galway. The only reason, I won't give it an excellent rating is due to the bathroom issue. I would stay again as the issue will be resolved, I am sure and did not take away from our overall satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ChrisQT
AODJ, Owner at St. Jude's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

We are very sorry to hear that there was a problem with drainage in the shower during this guest's stay and, if brought to our attention, would have been attended to right away. We can assure prospective guests that the problem has now been identified and completely resolved. We are happy to see that, otherwise, ChrisQT thoroughly enjoyed her stay and we look forward to welcoming her back to St Judes in the future. Tony&Ita

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a lovely B&B in Salthill, Galway. Location was great! just a short walk to the city center. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. The entire place is spotless! My room was very comfortable. I had scheduled a hike for the first morning after my arrival and Ita offered to prepare a breakfast bag for me to take with me, which was wonderful! I would highly recomend this B&B!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a beautiful b&b with a great location in Salthill, Galway, just a short walk from the beach. The hosts are wonderful and very helpful. We wouldn't have even known about some places if it weren't for their suggestions. The wifi connection was weak, but it works pretty well from the sitting room. There is a pretty little garden and the room was comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed June 8, 2012

When I booked this B & B I went off the stunning picture and the location. Talk about getting lucky! This gorgeous Victorian is run like a fine tuned engine, every surface of this place absolutely GLEAMS. Nearly every place my husband and I stayed was clean, but this is an entirely new level of spit and polish. The interior of the home is wonderfully decorated and I can't tell you how much we appreciated the portable personal heater in the bedroom. The dining room and breakfasts alone are worth staying here. The antiques and table settings are so so pretty, Martha Stuart would be envious. The menu choices are varied and the quality is top notch. My only concern was the neighborhood, we drove in from the south along the coast and it was definetely dodgy with I think a casino, liquor stores, and just some overall ner-do-wells. But the house is a few blocks up from there and was just fine. Driving into city center was extremely close (away from the schetchy area) and no problem. Next time were in Galway we'll be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KellyRiordanCalif
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the St Jude's B&B in Lower Salt Hill during our bike tour of Western Ireland with Iron Donkey. We absolutely loved St Jude's. Cozy elegant lodging, comfortable room, beautiful lawn. Easy walk to Galway along the promenade, and very short walk to Salt Hill where we found a neighborhood Italian restaurant.
Delicious breakfast.