Tripadvisor
Galway
Post
Inbox
Search

“Chow down on the chowder!”
Review of Tigh Neachtains

Tigh Neachtains
Ranked #91 of 583 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place for a spot of lunch. The chowder is creamy, well seasoned and generous with the fish. The brown bread is tops. Wonderful to nip in and sit by the fire. Staff very nice too.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (244)

Reviewed January 2, 2020

The food was amazing as well as the service. The foos is worth the price. I strongly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 28, 2019

Was invited ro a stags weekend in galway....
A cousin ofthe better half..all of them at least 10 to 15 years younger.
I had geat memories of galway and didnt want them to be ruined so was dragged by brother in law to attend.
We arrived at 2 ish and he was straight onto the phone whattsapping or instagramming or some such .... so i decided his phone had to stay i my pocket.
Before meeting the young people (only 2 if whom I knew) i deicded the only way to start proceedings was to go somewhere i remembered as being ,Galway.
We walked in from headfort round about and I tried to explain to this young fella that going to Galway to sit in a "sports bar" or some equivalent, was in essence, a Sin.

We opened the door to the Tigh ,found a seat beside the door and had 2 perfect pints delivered to our paws.
After the first half hour of him "oohing and awwing" he found his place and relaxed in a real pub. 2 or 3 pints later and with a bowl of fantastic chowder in us we joined the stags ... to be honest ,all good lads. So my memories of Galway and Tigh Neachtans are preserved.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019

We visited during a freezing winters day, to get a hot port and a pint, we were lucky enough to get a snug to sit in too! This is just a lovely pub, I love the funky decor, its just so Irish and authentic, definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 10, 2019

I went there for a work trip. All of the lads from work said that if you want a good Guinness this is the place to get it. They were absolutely right the taste of the Guinness here is much different than the other pubs. It seems foamier and has a smoother flavor than the others. After tasting it here we would go there every day for a pint before going to other dining places. Again if your looking for that Guinness from Ireland in Galway this is the place to try it. The place is a bit tight as its a very old bar but the ambiance and charm are def there.

Date of visit: November 2019