See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

My friend & I arrived but the booking system had double booked and we didn’t have a space! Ryan went above and beyond for us, and provided the absolute best service! Within 5 minutes he had found us a room in a nearby hostel & was so so lovely. On our second night we came back & stayed at Snoozles in a four bed mixed dorm on the second floor. It was clean & comfortable, the music from the bars below didn’t bother us, even with our window to the street. Great positioning so close to everything you need & the hustle n bustle! Can’t thank Ryan enough for his great service

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2019

I had been traveling and was quite tired when I arrived at 00:30. Parking is in a garage, a few blocks away, which can get quite expensive (It was 10 Euros from 00:30 to 8:00). I called and Hugo came to meet me and help with my luggage. I had booked a "shared room", but didn't expect it to be ALL 20 year-old young men. (I'm a middle aged female) The room was on Floor 2, which is 3 flights up.
Accepting my fate, I went outside to smoke and when I came back, another young man had passed out over what was supposed to be mu bunk. I went back down to reception and Hugo came with me to investigate the situation. We grabbed my luggage, went back down to the reception desk and they assigned me a single room for the night, on Floor 3. Hugo helped me with my luggage again.
The room was directly across from Quays Bar, which doesn't close until 04:00...needless to say, I slept from about 04:30 to 07:00, after I had been traveling from Rome since 06:00 the day before.
I took luggage down the 3 1/2 flights and handed the door key to the young man and told him he could give the room to someone else. He responded, "Well, you will not be reimbursed." I told him that was fine, as it was worth $100 if I could find another place to sleep. (I did, and had a much better experience at the Maldron.)
The pics on line seem to be very hip and new and clean. This is NOT the case. Both rooms I was in seemed to have not been painted, let alone updated, since at least the 70s.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Great location, nice staff, breakfast is basic but fine. 8a bed dorm, was clean and big enough for our needs. Yes it is loud at night but what do you expect on quay st. The bar across the street (the quays) is a great spot for late night drinks instead of the some of the night clubs

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2019

The night staff were most unwelcoming and rude. The bathroom had mold and no ventilation. Worst stay ever!!! The bedding smelled horrible and unwashed. The room had no airflow and was stuffy. The vending machines dont work

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SnoozlesQuayStreet, Manager at Snoozles Quay Street Tourist Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us here at Snoozles Quay Street. We've recently taken over this premises from previous owners and are currently undergoing a refurbishment which has not been fully completed yet. We're in the process of upgrading all our rooms, beds and bed linen, common space and hostel amenities. These renovations do take time and we hope to have them fully completed shortly. Hopefully next time that your'e in Galway you'll be able to stay with us and will be very impressed with our refurbishment.

Mark
Hostel Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2019

It's in the only main shopping/bar street in Galway city, definitely the location is perfect.The cafe, bar, pub and restaurant are just downstairs. The bad side is that it's super noisy. I've been staying here for two nights. Usually, the noise started at 10pm, and it finished at 3am. It's too noisy that I couldn't sleep.
Other than the noise, everything is good here.
The self-service breakfast is nice as a hostel. The staff is friendly. The room is spacious and clean.
It would be a nice hostel for party goers though.

Date of stay: November 2018