“Great experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a deal site voucher otherwise it is quite expensive. The food was very tasty, the service was great. The gentleman who seated us was very helpful and attentative. Would definitely go back again!

NNNN
“Terrible food and staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Came here to Galway to visit a friend in Salthill and we decided upon this Olives because my friend had voucher from on line so in we went they could not seat us fast enough but then again there was one other couple in the restaurant and no one else on a Saturday night. I ordered the chicken korma and it was dreadful more cream than chicken, and I even found hair in the food, I refused to have a second glass off wine in the place when I saw the so called waiter wiping the other wine glasses on another table with a dirty napkin he had just picked up from where the other couple had left, that was covered in food. It is over priced dirty and not clean. Drink is a rip off and it certainly did nothing to make me want to return. They charged us another €45.00 on top of a €30.00 voucher for two mains courses, one glass of wine and one beer and one desert and coffee. Rip of stay away!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank buda b
Galway
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We got a voucher on one of those deal sites but weren't expecting much based on other reviews. We were proven wrong. The food, while a bit on the expensive side, was delicious - our entire meal (starters, mains, sides and drinks) came to €60 of which we had a €30 voucher, which I found to be a little bit expensive, but the portion sizes of the mains means we could have just had that and no sides or starters. I would definitely go back - although probably with another voucher to give some leeway with the bill - or for the three course menu for €25

Galway
“Visit did not add up to much!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our visit to Olives was awful and it is expensive if you ask me, we paid €55 and since I don't eat meat I got a vegetarian korma that was meant to consist of vegetable and fresh ones at that. For my vegetable Korma I got only diced potatoes and there were old and tasted like they had been there for a week, no vegetable just one green bean and one tiny slice of onion. Pathetic for a expensive restaurant. My husband ordered than a sea food dish with noodles and they piled the food like muck up on a plate and handed it to him like a dog! I was disgusted with this restaurant and will not return again, they over price drink and deserts.

1 Thank Fionulla
Ireland
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went here today with hubbie and junior (again!). I had tempora prawns for starters and himself had garlic muschrooms. For Mains I had thai green curry with prawns, hubbie had Beef in Oyster and Ginger sauce and junior had chicken noodles. All delicious. We had two minerals and a juice for just under €65.00 - not cheap but very nice!

Note they do a 3 course for €25 but you cannot use a voucher for it.