“Very Nice”

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went here today with hubbie and junior (again!). I had tempora prawns for starters and himself had garlic muschrooms. For Mains I had thai green curry with prawns, hubbie had Beef in Oyster and Ginger sauce and junior had chicken noodles. All delicious. We had two minerals and a juice for just under €65.00 - not cheap but very nice!

Note they do a 3 course for €25 but you cannot use a voucher for it.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I dont know what this place is about. It's a mixed bag of nothing. Food is Thai and Indian with an over bearing owner. Dined here on groupon and was glad it was Groupon. I won't rush back. The whole experience was bland. Outside of the overbearing owner nothing stood out... Can't remember what we ate .... A bland experience....

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went with my girlfriend over the weekend and had a 3 course meal deal and taught it was fantastic value
, spices where excelent. I had the Indian curry choice and my girlfriend had Thai Massama curry was perfect little sweet with a slight kick in it.will love to recommend my friends and go back again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We ate here last night and it was very disappointing. It was very quiet when we arrived at 8pm with only a handful of other people there. We had a voucher from a deal site and had heard that it was a fairly decent spot. We shared the Indian platter for starter and it was the best part of the meal. At this point a 'travelling' salesman arrived at the restaurant selling boxes of knives. You don't expect the owner (I think) to start dealing with them in the corner. Think he bought a box as they (now there were two of them) came back with lots of boxes to flog. Made an uneasy setting for a Friday night dinner. I had massaman chicken curry, and unlike a previous reviewer, it was sickly sweet. Spices were spot on but I reckon they are using condensed milk in it and over did it. Side salad on the plate looked very out of place for a curry and rice dish. OH had noodles with chicken. Loaded with chilli and little else. VERY bland. And both plates were stone cold and there's no excuse for that in a restaurant. Food was mediocre at best, over priced and owner looked like he wasn't too bothered with any of it. The only plus was that the waiter was very friendly but totally run off his feet as owner plodded around the restaurant. We won't be back, deal or no deal..

1  Thank Damien O
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Visted Olive's for the first time this evening after buying a voucher on livingsocial. I really cant understand how it is getting bad reviews!! I am a huge fan of Thai food, have been to Thailand and i am a regular at a well known Galway thai restaurant and i have to say Olive's Massaman curry has to be the best i have EVER tasted. Full of fabulously fresh thai favours. I could have licked the plate it was that good!!! My partners red curry was really good aswell, maybe they got a new chef or something because the previous reviews sound like they are from a different restaurant!! If there was one thing i must critique it would be the price, however; they have great early bird deals that make up for that! I would definitely recommend Olive's and i will 100% be going back. Im looking forward to it already!!