“Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I had lunch here today and it was very good. We too used a voucher with no problem. The restaurant was very quite. We had starters - stuffed garlic mushroom and duck spring rolls. All very nice. We had Sirloin Steak in black pepper sauce with rice and chilly chicken stirfry with chips and junior had nuggets, chips & noodles. We had two can's of soft drink and a glass of juice. All the food was good. The waitor was attentive but service was a little slow. Total price was about €55 - not cheap but not rip off either. We were offered sweets as we left. The owner was friendly with our son. A nice experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Bought a voucher for €25 which covered 2 starters 2 mains 2 wines...All was fine for the value of the voucher but definitely not worth eating here and paying full price for the meal.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have had the misfortune of dining in the restaurant twice, as both I and other friends had bought some vouchers which seemed to promise value for money and a pleasant variety of dishes, both Indian and Thai. Alas, this was not the case. On both occasions we were asked to come back and use our vouchers another time, despite having booked in accordance with the rules of the scheme.
Firstly, my advice to the 'leasees' would be not to partake in the online voucher schemes if they really cannot hide their disdain for customers wishing to avail of them and secondly to any food hygiene reviewer to assess their premises.
On both occasions the food was mediocre, the 'till keeper' attempted to overcharge by adding items that were neither ordered not received to the bill and the experience and hygiene of the serving staff was very dubious. At one point the young and clearly inexperienced waitress was using a dirty tablecloth to shine wine glasses, as the table cloth dragged merrily on the floor behind her.
It's unfortunate in our current climate that 'Olives' did not honour their vouchers nor indeed a fair treatment to customers. This was more of an endurance trial than a dining experience. As a local neither I nor my friends shall return.

2  Thank noilinnicbhloscaidh
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went for the €14.95 early bird special at Olives, and thought it was great value. Glass of house white, starter, and main -- and we left stuffed for under €30! Tom yam soup was wonderfully spicy (if you're a "spice wimp," go for the medium-spicy version instead of the spicy-spicy one) and full of crisp fresh veg, and my boyfriend's chicken satay was super tender and the satay sauce- amazingly coconutty and luscious. Could've eaten it with a spoon! The veggie pad thai was also very nice, but the duck curry my BF had was the highlight... I ate a lot of Thai food living in New York, and this could stand up to any of them: coconutty, lemongrassy,and addictive. I took the bowl off him and finished it for him.The staff couldn't be nicer, too. We'll definitely go back!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I bought a lunch & two dinner coupons on one of those voucher websites for this restaurant,
Now The deal seemed to be fantastic which it was great value indeed, however my partner and I took a friend of ours for a birthday dinner to this restaurant, We arrived and all seem to be normal for a restaurant, we ordered starters and mains, i ordered butterfly prawns which came out before the other two starters I asked her for some sweet chilli sauce , The other two ordered fish cakes they came out a few minute later they looked great smelled great and seemed hot but the middle was cold we alerted the waitress who stuck her finger into the middle of the birthday girls fish cake and said humm, took the plates away and said one minute, the waitress came over and said it would be a few more minutes and then decided to tell me she was going for the sweet chilli sauce, I got my sauce and the two starters came, half way through eating the fish cake my partner found what looked like an eye lash on the plate, laughed and put to the side, the dishes where removed and we waited for the mains. while we waited the manager came over and said he knew about the cakes been replaced and was every thing ok, I spoke out and told him everything that had gone wrong, when I mentioned the eye lash he was suprised and replied there are no ladies working in the kitchen,, I assume this was humour, he apologised, dinner came out Birthday girl ordered the korma special which I had a taste, wow it was amazing, I ordered pad thia beef noodles, not to my taste for me it lacked flavour and tasted like a heavy based pan with chilli, my partner ordered sweet chilli chicken, are thoughts on that where it lacked flavour,, the Birthday girl and my partner said that they would never eat there again, birthday girl felt ill for the rest of the night running to the loo a few times..

one week later I took another friend of mine for lunch and we laughted alot because of the waitress, she seems like a really nice girl but new to this, the flavour of the food we had again didn't seem great. my friend said she would never go back ( Friend is a qualified Chef)

I have used one of my dinner vouchers, and I have used my lunch voucher,
Oh what to do with my last dinner voucher, I Don't want to waste the voucher, perhaps I should give the Restaurant a Third Chance,

service was poor due to the fact that it wasn't busy.
value for money, It would have been if the food was good.

5  Thank taste-of-Galway