“A great Spanish experience.”
Review of Lunares - CLOSED

Lunares
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The new truly Spanish restaurant in Galway...all food cooked by its Spanish owners following the recipes of its ancestors.
Galway, Ireland
“A great Spanish experience.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere and at a good price. I left full. The garlic shrimps were spectacular. The food was authentic and reminded me of Spain. I will definately be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Roisin K

Cork, Ireland
“Fab!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went to Lunares on Valentines night with my girlfriend, not that they were doing anything overly special for the night just because we were in Galway for the night and both love tapas! We've been to a number of tapas restaurants in different places but I must say I found here to be very authentic. The food was top notch. We loved the setting of the place...very unassuming and casual and great (and quiet) background music! The staff were very friendly. We probably over-ordered by trying 6 tapas - we had hope to try the Crema Catalana dessert but hadn't left enough room! 5 tapas is probably good for an average couple if you do want dessert. We were both given a complimentry small cocktail drink afterwards for the night that was in it (as did everyone there) which was a lovely touch at the end Overall, we loved the place and hopefully will get back for a night when in Galway again.

2 Thank tomred1974
Bucks
“Great find”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a great lunch here the tapas was very authentic, inexpensive and plentiful- we were surrounded by Spanish people which can only be a good sign. The staff were very helpful and informative too.

Dublin, Ireland
“Yummy simple tasy spanish food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really enjoyed the food the service and the relaxed atmosphere! We went there for a birthday and everyone was very happy with what the ordered, and very full!

1 Thank Cuttyla
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Realy Bad!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I got poisoned in there, be very carefull with the paella, rotten meat is a daily menu.The place is a trap, they try to cover bad meat with spices and they use very poor quality ingredients.

4 Thank Catalin I