“Wish i'd stayed longer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Devondell

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Devondell
Ranked #83 of 197 Galway B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Wish i'd stayed longer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was in Galway for a wedding; In my usual organised manner I proceeded to organise my digs at the last minute. Fortunately the Hotel the wedding was at was fully booked - so I found myself here. I definitely hit the Jackpot. After the drive from Dublin and the Wedding Ceremony, I arrived to check in before the reception. I was greeted by Berna who showed me to the "Bluebell" room - a spotless, homely room (ensuite) complete with Irish crocheted linen, quilted comforters and finishing touches that would put any large Hotel to shame. Nothing was too much for this charming Hostess whose knowledge of the area left me wishing I had a bit more time to spend in Galway! After tea and toast in a beautiful living room featuring an open fire, she saw me to the Hotel where the wedding reception was (thankfully I had told her the name of the Hotel because I had forgotten it!)
The Breakfast was out of this World; freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit salad, baked fruit, pastries, muffins, and your choice of a selection of some very different cooked breakfasts - another reason I wished I'd stayed longer - would love to try more of them!
I sat in the stunning breakfast room and put off the drive back to Dublin for as long as possible......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank anonymous706

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Berna was an AMAZING host during our 3 days there. That beautiful Irish lilt coupled with genuine hospitality made the experience in Galway all the better. The breakfasts were incredible and her knowledge of where to go in the surrounding area was spot on. The accomodations were clean and spacious, modern facilities, and welcoming after a long day sightseeing. Do not miss the experience. Thank you Berna!

Room Tip: Walking distance to downtown Galway and the ocean. Walk the concrete causeway in the evening for a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dan_Coffey0862
new forest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Nothing is too much trouble for Berna. Essentials - The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom is spotless. Extras - presentation of everything is superb. Lovely pieces of old furniture, pretty covers, lace tablecloths, intriguing choice of cooked breakfast, every type of fruit etc, fresh squeezed juice, scones, cheeses, I could go on and on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jclimecot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Devondell of Galway was definitely our favorite B&B in all of Ireland!! The lovely Berna is the perfect hostess and made us feel like family from the moment we arrived! She gave us excellent tips on visiting Galway and the surrounding areas and drove us into town on our first evening!The rooms were immaculate, charming and comfortable. The dining room was beautifully set for us in the morning with Irish linens and lace and the most delicious home baked muffins you'll ever eat!! We were in Ireland for 10 days and had booked everything in advance. By our good fortune, Devondell was the only B&B we had planned to stay 2 nights because the area is so rich with things to see and do. Make sure to visit! Berna and her Devondell are one of the gems of Ireland! Kevin, Corina, Dan and Cathy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ceordh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

One of best B&Bs we ever stayed at in our 4 trips all over Ireland. The breakfast is laid out with gourmet hand prepared items like cooked pears and other fantastic items. The fresh croissants were so god and the owner was so friendly and helpful. She even drove is into Galway our first day to make sure we Knew the route. She also gladdly booked all of our dinner reservations and offered suggestions on what to see. The room was spotlessly clean. Parking off-street. We would certainly go back!!!! 5-star B&B

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jared F
Midland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

4 of us stayed here recently. We were all in agreement that Devondell was the highlight of our trip. The location is excellent - you can walk anywhere you want to go. Our rooms were spacious - even the bathrooms were a good size! Berna is a special lady and wonderful hostess. We needed to have laundry done while in Galway and she helped us by picking it up from the Launderette for us. She gave us excellent recommendations for dinner based on what we felt like eating that night. Her breakfasts are a work of art and above and beyond in quantity, quality and choices. If I am ever lucky enough to get back to Ireland I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They are all excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank mnyldymidland
Redwood Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had an excellent stay. Our hostess, Berna, was as friendly and helpful as can be. We had the most excellent breakfast and can heartily recommend the Devondell when you're travelling to Galway. It's also a good stopover location if you're planning to visit the Aran Islands.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple