“Beautiful house and river views, pity the food doesn't math”

Corrib House Tea Rooms
Ranked #11 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Step back in time and join us in Corrib House Tea rooms for breakfast, lunch, teas and coffee. Our beautifully restored Georgian Townhouse is the perfect place to unwind and relax overlooking Galway's famous Salmon Weir . We opened our doors to the public in October 2011 and have steadily become a favorite hangout of both locals and tourists alike. Here at Corrib House we take great pride in everything we produce. From our breads and cakes to our soups, quiches and scones we make everything from scratch. .... Even down to the biscotti with your coffee. We use the finest local suppliers and produce such as our free range eggs from Hillsbrook farm in Barnadarg, Donnacha's salad leaves from the Burren, herbs from our own garden, Colleran's award winning meats and the great taste gold star awarded Fixx coffee. We care about our customers dietary requirements and offer loads of gluten free cakes, breakfast and lunch options. We Serve a selection of breakfast and brunch options from 9.30-12:15 And lunch is available from 12:15 to 5 with an ever changing selection of delicious cakes and treats laid out on our front counter.
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful house and river views, pity the food doesn't math”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a beautiful house with great river views but the food is not as good as it should be. It is average food and quite expensive.
Service is also offhand at times.
Could do a lot better

Visited June 2012

“I love this place”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have a special place in my Heart for this house having known the previous occupant and happily I was delighted to see it in use again and so tastefully and faithfully restored. I was not disappointed by the food either, best salads in Galway, homemade bread is fab, soups, sandwiches all tasty, filling and affordable. staff were friendly. I came here to revisit old memories but I return for the food.

1 Thank sineadthegrenade
Holmfirth, England, United Kingdom
“An Oasis in a busy city.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our first visit to this place but it won't be our last. Really nice situation next to the river and very tastefully furnished and decorated. Food is excellent and very reasonably priced

• Visited September 2012
“My new favourite place for lunch!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I love this place, LOVE IT! The food is beautiful, reasonably priced and the decor is so in keeping with the lovely house. A nice quiet place to go for lunch with a friend.

1 Thank sineadthegrenade
Galway
“One of my favourite places in Galway”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this place, fabulous view over the water and lovely relaxed rooms and ambience.

Their coffee is great, add in the amazing cakes and that their pancakes with bacon and maple syrup are to die for - I spend too much time in there for the good of my waistline :)

• Visited August 2012