“Good choice for a quick snack in Galway”
Review of Providence Market Kitchen - CLOSED

Providence Market Kitchen
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love going back to this place whenever I'm in Galway. It's great for a quick snack, but it can get very busy during lunch hours. I love their soups and BLT sandwich. Especially the latter is delicious and comes with a lovely potatoe salad and coleslaw. I also love its paintings which change regularly.

1  Thank FoodieMelody

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Visited cafe for drinks and cake with three teenagers and 2 adults Thursday 24th July. It was noticeable the abrupt service from the person serving at the counter during the ordering of food. Finally when my sister had not the exact money to pay and I had no further change despite the amount being reduced from sixteen to fifteen euros I offered a fifty euro note. The waitress said she had no change to return. Her tone was irritated and not inviting. We decided to leave and both explained why due to the poor service from when we requested our simple order. We did not eat therefore we cannot comment on the food although the restaurant and food looked attractive.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed close to the harbor and always stopped here on our way into town for breakfast. We did try other places for breakfast, but nothing we found was as good, even some places with higher reviews.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is off the beaten path but once you find it is well worth a visit and by no means far away.

On this visit we had a pot of tea each and a brown scone. The tea is served in a funky tea pot and is in fact tea leaves and as an Englishman I am starting to enjoy tea leaves and find this makes a nicer cup of tea.

As a baker myself I found the brown scone very well made, flavoured and baked and the jam tasted homemade.

Looking at the menu I saw a nice variety of items and see they offer a nice selection of breads for a sandwich. From white and brown to sour dough and gluten free which I like to see places offering for wheat allergy sufferers

Unfortunately time only allowed us a quick visit this time but will be coming back again to sample more from the menu.

I recommend this as a nice place for tea and scones and hopefully everything else is as high a standard as what we had this visit

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

had a tasty lunch here with friends recently. generous serving s of homemade food. Will be returning!