“Galanta!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

V good value. V good food. Worth calling in. Service v pleasant, Asahi beer good. Menu well chosen. Worth sticking your head in.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went in for a snack and shared a sushi tray which was a tray of assorted freshly made sushi (vegetarian, meat and fish). They were all delicious - even our three kids enjoyed them. The service was very friendly and welcoming.

A definite must if you are looking for a fresh nutritious bite to eat whilst out exploring Galway.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

love the chance to eat japanese in Galway for the price of a normal luch. great value combination bento boxes. Brought my 3 kids in and we had lunch together for around 20 euro. All happy

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had be meaning to try out this place and finally got around to it recently.

Had a great lunch there. Went with friends and all 4 of us enjoyed it. I had sushi which was great but I must say the bento box looks amazing.

As already mentioned, there were also Japanese present when I was there which is telling enough about the standard of the Wa Cafe.

1  Thank PaddyPolski
Reviewed May 8, 2012

What a fantastic Japanese cafe! You know it is going to be good when you see mainly Asian people eating there! When we arrived, the place was full, and there is very limited space, so it is probably a good idea to reserve. The restaurant can be booked for private events too and we were also offered take out if we didn't want to wait for a table. I had the mini maki, which was superb and very filling. I added a cup of miso soup. The teriyaki beef burger is one of the best things I have tasted in my life! The Asahi beer was really good aswell. The whole meal came to under €30 for two people, including beer, miso soup, a bento and sushi. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Definitely check this place out in Galway, I can't wait to go there again! It closes around 9 at night though, so don't leave it too late!