“Great stay”

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Galway
galway
“Great stay”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

This was a great place to stay, Rod the manager went above and beyond with his assistance upgraded us to a better room and gave us the best service, we also wanted to book other best western acommidation in England and Scotland and the staff at the reception could not do enough for us and rang through to book our future locations this was the best service we have come across "great work guys from a couple of aussie tourists " keep up the great service Deb and Dan

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Dear Deb & Dan,

I wish to sincerely thank you for your recent review on our hotel. Guest Feedback is extremely important to us and my staff and I use this information to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff and management.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to welcoming you back to our hotel again at some date in the future.

Siobhan Farragher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel room was very clean.

We paid 59 euros per night without breakfast. It would have been 79 euros with breakfast.

The hotel was easy to find and about an hour or so drive from the Aran Island ferry.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MidwesternParent

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2010

First impressions matter. We were greeted by warm friendly staff and given the details of our room. The room was impeccably clean.

We did discover a problem with the toilet but within minutes someone came to take a look at it and as they couldn't fix it we were moved to another room.

The hotel in general is great, with smart décor and although it's on a main road, there was no obvious traffic noise in the rooms.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. We felt that the service was above and beyond what you'd expect for this sort of hotel. For example we sat in the bar and had a look through the bar menu - before we'd even had a chance to get up and go to the bar to order food the barman came over and took our order.

Food was good, generous portions and well presented, reasonable prices too.

All in all, we'd thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Waterford
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stayed in Flannerys on a recent trip to Mayo to break up the journey and its a hotel I'll most definetly return to as a base to be in Galway. On arrival the staff were very friendlt and our plans for a quick bit of pub grub and a pint before an early night were soon destroyed by the band and the craic in the bar.

It was a very enjoyable night and one I'll remember, somehow. The staff of Flannerys were lovely, the pub grub was very nice if not great, and the rooms and breakfast were very nice also.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
SiobhanFarragher, general manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, April 6, 2010

Horsham, West Sussex
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We had a lovely stay this past weekend. Great room, Very attentive and helpful staff. Great breakfast each morning. This hotel is a great place to stay and travel around Galway. The standard of everything was 4 star.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Valanna

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The Flannery hotel is situated 15 minutes walk from the town Center, even when you do get engaged it was a nice walk, under the Irish weather...which mean rain!!! must be the special occassion that made it so special. Though our stay was actually brought with a ray of sunshine thanks to a special receptionist which I dare say is a diamond!! Her name is Noell, I am french and it seems that it was meant to but be, she is a friendly and very commercial lady. I have travel to top hotel for my work for the last 10 years and if all receptionist were attentive, receptive and welcoming as Noell was well ... it would be a pleasure to stay in hotel accommodation. While the room are nice, clean and welcoming, the bar busy and friendly having a good service from the front dest is essencial to make your guest stay the best... and yes she was so the reason I registered on trip advisor is to actually make sure this woman get the reputation she deserve and also to make the hotel reputation as a friendly familly hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Donegal
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had a great check in with a very friendly receptionist who took time to talk to the children. Went to our room to find a very large spacious and very clean family room. We had dinner in the bar that evening and had a lovely friendly waitress serve our table in a very professional manner. Breakfast was of a very high standard and again service was very efficient and friendly. We will be back again. Great value. Will definately recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family