“Excellent service all round”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Galway
“Excellent service all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just back now from our wonderful stay in flannery's hotel in galway . Prior to our arrival my wife had mentioned our trip on flannerys Facebook page and that our trip was a birthday gift . When checking in which was swift and easy we arrived at our room where the hotel had laid out a birthday card with two happy birthday cup cakes and a complimentary bottle of wine.
Excellent service .
The room was spacious and clean,bathroom was clean and everything worked well.
We had food in frankie's on three nights which was very good and one meal in the galweigan restaurant which was superb .
My wife had a prawn noodle dish which was excellent and i had a fillet steak,perfect if your a steak lover like me.
Next time we are in galway we will be staying at flannerys .
They are modest to call it a 3 star hotel . The service is 5 .
Thank you for having us, we hope to enjoy your hospitality in the future .

• Stayed May 2013
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so most for posting your wonderful review that you entitled "Excellent Service all round” and for choosing to celebrate your birthday at Flannery's Hotel Galway. I wish you a belated Happy Birthday and I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday cupcakes that we left in the room for you on arrival.

It does our hearts proud to receive such excellent feedback about our service and hotel facilities and to know that all our hard work is paying off and that our guests are receiving the high level of customer service that we endeavour to provide at all times.

I was also delighted to read that you were very satisfied with your dining experience with us and that you found the food in Frankie’s Bar and the Galwegian Restaurant to be superb.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel at some date in the future and I thank you for your most valued custom.

Flannery's Hotel Galway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well, when checking out, Sharon at the Reception asked me to give them a review on Tripadvisor and I promised I'd gladly do.

First, to have asked for a review shows that they actually take people's comments serious. I read a lot of reviews and comments before settling for Flannery's. I was going to stay for a month and I didn't want to have any reason to be changing hotels. I've used Travelodge, Galway before and I had to change to another B and B in less than a week

Flannery is by far my best experience so far. Less than 50 euro per night with full Irish breakfast. It was a kind of buffet breakfast and the restaurant staff were quite very friendly and quickly responsive. So was the front desk staff. I asked for some ice one night and I got a bucket full of ice in less than 10 minutes. They not only make you feel welcome but treat you like you're their most important guest, despite that they have several hundreds of guest at any given time.

My room was neatly cleaned out everyday. I liked dropping my swipe key at the reception so I can enjoy taking it back from Jacinta or Sharon with their lovely smiles and friendly dispositions.

I could go on and on but I must say my experience at Flannery's was altogether a pleasant one. I don't think I'd be sleeping anywhere else when next I'm in Galway. And, I can only wish they're in Dublin and elsewhere as well.

Note: If you're not driving, it's a bit out of the city centre, might be a good 15/20 mins walk to city centre.

Room Tip: I stayed in one room (204) all throughout my stay. It was a sparkling clean large double bed room wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris307
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely trip advisor review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and I wish to extend a most sincere thank you for your lovely words on our receptionists Sharon & Jacinta who were so delighted to be so positively mentioned on the review.

Thank you so much for all the other wonderful comments that you wrote about in your recent review.

I do hope that you will come back to stay at our hotel at some point in the future and I thank you so very much for you most valued and loyal custom.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I must have stayed here 20 times or more now, it's not the Ritz, it doesn't have a Michelin * restaurant, but it is excellent value, has great friendly staff, good food a nice bar, comfy rooms, free Internet, plenty of parking and its a short hop to the city centre.
I will continue to use this hotel as long as I travel to Galway.
This is good honest value for money and very pleasant with it.

Room Tip: The ground floor are slightly smaller but more modern in decor, front 2nd floor have good long views...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bertie500
Dear Guest,

Thank you so most for posting your wonderful review that you entitled "Favourite Hotel" It does our hearts proud to receive such excellent feedback on our service and hotel facilities and to know that all our hard work is paying off and that our guests are receiving the high level of customer service that we endeavour to provide at all times. I thank you so very much for your most loyal and valued custom I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel at some date in the future

If I ever be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ms. Siobhan Farragher,
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We took advantage of the mid-week special at Flannery's so spent three nights here at the end of April. We were placed in a recently refurbished room and enjoyed the large screen TV and made use of the safe, but we found it impossible to get hot water in either the bath or the shower- plenty of warmish water though!
The desk staff were friendly and efficient, helping us book two bus tours to the Cliffs of Moher and Connemara with the added bonus of arranging with the tour company bus to pick us up at the hotel.
What did irritate though, was the poor standard of room cleaning - apart from the obvious bedmaking, towel folding and replenishing of the hospitality tray, the dust was left to accumulate for the full duration of our stay - and it is very unlikely that the carpets were vacuumed either.A long black hair was on the bathroom floor when we arrived, and was still there when we checked out - not a good sight if your hair is short and white!
The greatest disappointment were the breakfasts - as we had spent the previous four days at the Best Western Sheldon Park hotel in Dublin, we expected similar standards, if not better, from Flannery's. Well, what a let down! Although the breakfast venue is beautifully appointed and looks really stylish, the cafeteria style food was so third rate. We were frustrated by the limited choice made available to us of yoghurts, fruit and bread.This limited choice was further reduced on the last morning of our stay, when we had a busload of foreign tourists at breakfast - they entered the eating area at the same time as we did - but there were no danish pastries on the table, just a single loaf of bread - no bowl of fruit slad - just the grapefruit segments and prunes; and no fried mushrooms in the hot food section.Obviously the mandate was to cut costs and rip off the group!
The pre-cooked fried eggs, resting in a gloppy congealing lump in the chaffing dish, was also a far cry from the cooked-to -order eggs which we enjoyed at their sister hotel.So there you have it, one cold fried egg on a cold plate, one rasher of bacon, half of a fried tomato and one overcooked sausage!!! White toast was brought to the table and plonked down - no one asked us if we wanted white toast - this seemed to typify the "take it or leave it" attitude of the catering staff.
If larger, more busy hotels can get their breakfasts right, then this shoud be a problem that can be fixed before more guests go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jilldutoit
Dear Guest,

I thank you for writing your recent trip advisor review on our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that the service and facilities that we provide to each of our guests is to the highest possible standard and it is very disappointing to read that you were not happy with your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf to the entire team at Flannery’s Hotel Galway I apologise to you.

In relation to your comments on our room cleaning, I have held a meeting with our accommodation team and reiterated to them the importance of ensuring that all bedrooms that are marked as stayover should be cleaned and serviced to the same high standard as our vacant arriving rooms. This re-clarification of our cleaning standards should ensure that no other future guest receives the standard of room cleaning that you appear to have experienced during your stay.

I take on board your comments in relation to your breakfast dining experience and I am delighted to inform you that we have completely reviewed our breakfast service, in particular when we have large groups staying with us. Beginning this morning we have decided to offer all our individual guests table service for all our breakfast items. You were correct when you stated that we offer a limited breakfast buffet option to some of our large groups, the reason for this is that some of our groups are on reduced rates and therefore are provided with a limited choice which is agreed in advance with the group organiser. I do apologise that you were not offered all that we had on offer during your stay with us.

It is my hope that you will return to us so that you can experience the new improved service that we are providing to all our guests.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you and I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are most grateful for your most valued custom and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel at some point in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Flannery’s Hotel Galway.
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Four friends and I stayed here for one night, we decided to eat at the hotel and we weren't disappointed. We ordered from the bar menu and soon after we all received our dishes, even though the bar was very busy. Between the five of us we got the Thai green curry, steak and the mystery salmon.
Every dish was amazing!
The rooms were extremely clean if some what basic, however definitely value for money.
The staff were also very helpful and friendly.
I would highly recommend to stay here and if not staying go for the bar food!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you so much for your most valued custom and for writing such a great review in relation to your recent stay at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that the service and facilities that we provide to each of our guests is to the highest possible standard and it is always fantastic to receive such positive customer feedback and see that all our hard work is paying off. I

Thank you so much for dining with us and we are all so trilled that you enjoyed your dining experience in Frankies Bar and that you found the quality of food to be that of a five star. We were also delighted to receive your positive comments in relation to our staff and service.

I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel at some stage in the future where we will be delighted to once again be of service to you and your husband. Once again my sincere thanks for your most valued custom and we hope you see very soon.

Siobhan Farragher, General Manager,
Canada, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

On arrival i was welcomed by two very friendly receptionists ... it was my first time in the West of Ireland. I had a lot of questions and Jacinta and Nicola couldn't of been more help full . My room was lovely and the view i had for my window was beautiful. The selection for breakfast great and kept me going till afternoon and the staff once again were very sweet Alima ( i hope my spelling is correct) . I had a wonderful meal in the bar , Stephen in the bar was delightful and he was always smiling .

Room Tip: 4 floor has excellent views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank alison d
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your most kind and generous trip advisor review in relation to your recent stay at our hotel.

From your lovely comments it appears that you were very happy with your stay and thank you so much for your very positive feeback on our staff who are always trilled to receive the same.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel at some date in the future and I thank you for your most valued custom.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Me and my family stayed in the hotel, and I must say it was a pleasure. The staff were lovely Jacinta and the desk was a delight and very helpful and Alima in the restaurant was very friendly and so was Roisin. Overall was good stay and will most definitely be staying her again.

• Stayed April 2013
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your "Excellent Hotel" review and for taking the time to write your lovely review on our hotel. We were so delighted to receive your very positive trip advisor review. Thank you so much for your most kind comments of our staff, I have passed on your feedback to the entire team, Alima, Roisin and Jacinta very were so proud to receive the very kind and positive mentions. I do hope that we once again have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and I thank you so much for your most valued custom.

Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.