“Good basic food at very good prices”
Review of Finnegans

Finnegans
Ranked #184 of 496 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been to Finnegans twice in the last few months and it doesn't disappoint. The atmosphere in here is old world and quaint. I love the place. It can be very difficult to get a table but they do their very best to accommodate you. They do a daily special which is fantastic value. We had Irish stew the last time and it was delicious. They also do pizzas which would make your mouth water. We were party of five and all of us were happy with our food. Will definitely be back in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Oh dear. It's not Finnegan's fault. They don't claim to be something they are not. But the people who put it in the Lonely Planet are irresponsible and obviously don't like food.
The Irish stew tasted how I imagine human flesh to taste. My boyfriend, trying to be optimistic whilst eating his veggie lasagne said "well the brown sauce is nice." That, folks, is what you're dealing with.
I work in a school and am familiar with school dinners. This was basically school dinner food.
Admittedly I am a bit of a foody and think pride should be taken when preparing food. This place doesn't share these values. It's not horrific but I want to manage your expectations - be prepared for basic, kind of tasteless food if you eat here.
I love food and had to leave three quarters of it as it just didn't taste nice.
Sad times.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food in generous portion for the value which will amaze you! Very friendly service and homely atmosphere is going to bring you back to this lovely place every time again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good simple food, man size portions. Nice staff. Central location in the city. Good value for money, we will return.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was a restaurant which provided great value for money. We were a family of 4 and there was something on the menu which suited all of us. The pizza ... fabulous and the lasagne superb! Meal for 4 with 2 beers under 50 euro. Service was faultless.