“Great place!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went there three times in two days and abosolutely loved it! The staff is really nice and attentive. We had breakfast there, the coffee was really good and so was the food. For diner I had pasta and my friend had a pizza it was nice and for a really good price. The following day we had a smoothy which they made from fresh things and it was lovely! Wish this place was in my town so I could go more often!

Orlando, Florida
“Great place to start if you don't know Galway”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my first meal in Ireland, and so far so good. On a corner across from Eyre Square, Café Express is tiny but has two floors, so be sure to check upstairs. It seems to be a favorite of students and young travelers. The hummus sandwich was huge and quite good. I especially like it that decaf and "skinny" options are available for the specialty coffees. Busy but very pleasant and attentive staff. I definitely recommend.

Galway, Ireland
“Best Breakfast Sandwich in the World (and the best coffee in Galway)”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love Cafe Express, primarily because of the wonderful friendly staff serving me the best coffee in town just across the road from where I work, but also because they literally do serve THE BEST breakfast sandwich I have eaten anywhere. It's cooked to order with great quality sausage and bacon, and the egg is always cooked to runny-yolk perfection. The pièce de résistance is the bread on which this sandwich is served (for me at least): a hard to find anywhere else brown ciabatta loaf which is simply crunchtastic taste heaven. It's also very reasonably priced at under a fiver. I have just learned that the cafe is starting to serve a dinner menu, including fillet steak, so I will have to expand my visits to beyond solely mornings.

“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful food, great coffee, fantastic value and friendly cheerful staff. This place had a lovely atmosphere and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit :)

Cork
“A great breakfast”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

For €5.50 you get an quality Americano, scrambled eggs, quality brown bread and quality rashers (bacon slices). I don't think there is a better deal anywhere in Ireland. Granted the service can be a bit slow if they are really busy- they can be hit by the hussle and bussle of a Saturday morning, big groups from time to time, but its no problem, you can sip your coffee and people watch, read the day's newspaper or check the net. on their wifi. The staff are exceptionally friendly, which makes all the difference - it comes highly recommended by this regular patron.

1 Thank TogAnRaolSan