“Good Quality, Tasty Food”
Review of Black Cat

Black Cat
Ranked #32 of 487 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Myself and my husband live in Galway and have been regular customers since this lovely little restaurant opened, both for a quick bite at lunch time and evening meals. We have gone together, or for a family meal and to celebrate several Birthday's and on all occasions we thoroughly enjoyed the food and service.

The Black Cat serves a lovely selection of tapas and a selection of set meals, which are beautifully presented. Their own homemade Soups and Chowder are sumptuous and if more bread is required there is no charge. Our son loves their Meat Balls and Sweet Potato Chips, the Crispy Calamari Rings Sandwich is mine as is the Garbanzo Chickpea Stew. All ingredients are locally sourced.
Their house Cote de Rhone is fab and served in those big wine goblets, so you can swirl it around without it spilling.
Service is always with a smile and any requests are gladly accommodated.

So we consider ourselves very lucky to live in Galway and have such a great little restaurant close by. And there's a Jazz night during the off season. Check out its Facebook page.

1  Thank GrainneMhaille
There are newer reviews for Black Cat

Reviewed August 15, 2013

black cat is my weekend treat to myself! They have the best coffee in Galway! great calamari, great steaks, very friendly service

2  Thank Ollie W
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was in the Black Cat, Salthill galway recently with a few fiends and and I have to say I certainly will not be going back any time soon to say the very least. I luckily had my eaten before i went out otherwise I would have been starving and very very angry at the ridiculous portion I received, the prices sadly did not reflect the portion size. We were charged 3 euros for an offering of bread which wasn't even enough to go around for 5 people, I would have presumed with a fairly large party of people that the bread would have been complimentary, no such luck. A total ' rip off ' very over rated . My meal was very poor value a tiny small child's portion came out I was astonished. and it was only average in taste also .The wines we had were only average cheap rubbish and we were charged 19 euros for the white and 25 euros for the red.I found the manager rude and very arrogant when I offered my feedback on the experience . So my advise would be to not bother. Find a decent restaurant where you will get great service and value for your money there are plenty around the Galway area , but if you want to get ripped off and have a rubbish experience by all means go ahead and visit the Black Cat, Salthill.

15  Thank cat m
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I could not find fault with the beautiful food or the excellent and efficient waiting staff in the Black Cat. However, I thought the charge of €3 for 4 very small additional pieces of bread to be outrageous. I pointed this out to the Manager who became very defensive and told me not to tell him how to run his business......he was very rude. When the summer tourists have left, I wonder how the Black Cat will fare out if this is the way it looks after its local trade!

6  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The place was fairly busy but we got seated immediately. Great tapas and nice selection of wine. service was wonderful.

1  Thank natalia m