“The Black Cat , don't bother ..!”
Review of Black Cat

Black Cat
Ranked #33 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The Black Cat , don't bother ..!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was in the Black Cat, Salthill galway recently with a few fiends and and I have to say I certainly will not be going back any time soon to say the very least. I luckily had my eaten before i went out otherwise I would have been starving and very very angry at the ridiculous portion I received, the prices sadly did not reflect the portion size. We were charged 3 euros for an offering of bread which wasn't even enough to go around for 5 people, I would have presumed with a fairly large party of people that the bread would have been complimentary, no such luck. A total ' rip off ' very over rated . My meal was very poor value a tiny small child's portion came out I was astonished. and it was only average in taste also .The wines we had were only average cheap rubbish and we were charged 19 euros for the white and 25 euros for the red.I found the manager rude and very arrogant when I offered my feedback on the experience . So my advise would be to not bother. Find a decent restaurant where you will get great service and value for your money there are plenty around the Galway area , but if you want to get ripped off and have a rubbish experience by all means go ahead and visit the Black Cat, Salthill.

13 Thank cat m

Galway, Ireland
“€3 for 4 additional very small pieces of bread!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I could not find fault with the beautiful food or the excellent and efficient waiting staff in the Black Cat. However, I thought the charge of €3 for 4 very small additional pieces of bread to be outrageous. I pointed this out to the Manager who became very defensive and told me not to tell him how to run his business......he was very rude. When the summer tourists have left, I wonder how the Black Cat will fare out if this is the way it looks after its local trade!

5 Thank Kathryn B
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Nice Tapas bar”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The place was fairly busy but we got seated immediately. Great tapas and nice selection of wine. service was wonderful.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank natalia m
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Excellent evening”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

With a reservation being available at short notice in race week we were worried this restaurants standards were in decline? Well how wrong this venue deserves to be FULL FULL FULL - excellent food - excellent staff, polite and friendly - decent prices for the quality. We as a family of locals will definetly return. Thank you....

1 Thank Aidan D
Dublin
“great for lunch or coffee with friends”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had lunch here recently with friends and it was lovely. I have been a number of times before and I loved it each time. We all had open sandwiches with are tasty fresh and filling all for under 10 euro which quite reasonable

• Visited July 2013