Our family of 4 stayed at a family room at the Radisson SAS in Galway City. The room was enormous, well decorated and CLEAN. There was a large bed (bigger than a king size) and a comfortable pull out couch. A complete dining room table, 6 chairs to go around it and easy chairs as well. Everything was extremely spacious and comfortable. Good beds. The parking in the hotel is underground, and is free for guests staying there.
The hotel has a lovely indoor pool and a large buffet breakfast with hot and cold dishes, including a fruit bar and cold cut bar. This hotel is a 2 block walk from Eyre Square. We loved it and were ready for the amenities of a hotel after many nights in Bed and Breakfasts. This is a business hotel and had great weekend rates. I believe we paid 229 Euros per night. It was a bit pricier than the B and Bs but worth it.
Oh! The hotel also has a gym
Americans - if you plan to go swimming with your kids in Ireland, don't forget to bring them and yourselves a bathing cap. All pools require one to wear them. You can buy them there as well.
I found this website so helpful when booking my trip. I hope this review will help others.
The directions to the hotel on their website were a bit vague...when you get near galway and start going around roundabouts, that is where you have to start counting them. There are 3 of them before you enter into the city and you'd better know what you are supposed to do at each one of them.
Also, a bit of a bother to find the parking at the hotel...you come upon the hotel from the back of it and need to go around the corner of it...parking is in the front of the hotel. Called a "Q" railway garage or something. They share it with the train station and another hotel. NOt well explained on the website. Other than that, it is a good option, especially on the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are guaranteed the best of all worlds when you stay at the luxurious four star Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. Scenic Galway Bay views, luxury city centre hotel accommodation, excellent food, world class spirit one spa & leisure facilities, superb conference & meeting venue and elegant wedding facilities.Take advantage of some of Galway's great shopping streets, making it easy to explore the area's best attractions and fit some shopping in along the way! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Rezidor, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Galway
- Radisson Hotel Galway
- Radisson Galway
- Galway Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel Galway
- Radisson Sas Galway