“Front Office manager”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Our stay was really nice exept ( i think she is) front office women named Poulin ( or something like this). She was rude, talk ed to me like I am nothing, when I said something she said she doesnt understund me and if I asked her if I am stupid she said She dont know, that posibly yes. I waas really afraid go around reception that I will see her and again she will make my day worst. I really dont know how radisson managent can keep her there. When I passed her I heard her how she talk with accommodation employee and she talked to them like with garbage. I travelling around the world, mostly staying in Radisson hotels but with this experience based on her ( Paulin) I dont think I will come back and as a owner of big corporation and always sending my employee to this hotel, I will think twice to send them there and posibly will contact G Hotel to make reservations.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter00001
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

Reviewed August 1, 2009

My wife and I stayed here two weeks ago for two nights as part of a group with CIE Tours(which is a wonderful group by the way). The manager on duty came out to the bus to greet us and had all of our rooms keys ready to hand out. This is a beautiful hotel right on the bay. The lobby, bar, resturant, and rooms were very modern open and with lots of glass to let in the light. Everything was spotless. Great hot water in the shower which we found to be a problem in some other hotels. Nice mini-bar and amenities in the room. We were only in our room for 5 minutes when the stewards brought our luggage. We had dinner and breakfast two nights in the resturant; the food and service were both excellant. They had one of the most extensive breakfast buffets that we have seen. The hotel is about a 5-7 minute walk from the busy shopping areas and Erye Square. We ended up being there during an art festival and my wife found a play that she watnted to attend. The concierge called, went on line, and really went the extra mile to try and get us tickets. Unfortunately the show was sold out but we were able to get tickets to Trad on the Prom which was a first rate traditional Irish music and dance show. Many of the performers were world class and had the credentials to prove it. We toured the pool and spa area, but stayed so busy that we did not utilize it. It was very clean and well designed as was the rest of the hotel. There was a business center right by the front desk so we were able to check email and keep in touch with our family. Internet was available in the room, but we did not want the bother of taking a laptop. We loved Galway and would definately stay at the Radisson again it was top notch.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Stayed at The Radisson for two nights (Friday and Saturday). Hotel is really central, just a few minutes walk from Eyre Square. Room was very clean and spacious, bathroom small but very clean and the shower was great. We requested a room in a quiet part of hotel and thats what we got. The breakfast was really good, great selection. The hotel seemed to be very busy, lots of people around which is a good sign. We ate in the bar, just a snack and it was lovely. Didnt make use of the spa or swimming pool so cant comment on that. Parking available at the hotel and included in the price which was great. Would definitely stay at the Radisson again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Loved the spa treatments here, the elemis anti aging facial was amazing, skin had a real wow factor glow to it!

my partner went for the body massage, he enjoyed throughly!

we used the hotel pool and hot tub, with lovely views of the galway river across from us

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Radisson in Galway. The rooms were particularly nice and have clearly just been decorated. The service by everyone from the reception to the waitresses in the restaurant and the room service waiter was all superb and made for a very relaxing and easy going weekend. The location just beside the train station was excellent and it is only a 5 minute walk to Eyre Square. Perfect and I will return many many times.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Arrived early evening -- given a room across the driveway --- actually an apartment I later learned was used for long stay guests. Not connected to lobby. No sign to indicate that it was part of hotel. Key entry. Scary and felt unsafe.

Many problems with this apartment:
1. No Air Conditioning.
2. Filth -- ??? was apartment really cleaned after last guest. Issues included 1. brown material on toilet that was easily wiped off -- what was it. 2. fly in room 3. bug on bed 4. hair on sheets 5. stains of unknown etiology on throw pillows on bed 6. filthy carpet

Asked to be moved to main hotel and was told that there were no rooms available because of a large wedding. After cleaning service came to address all of the above and reported back, we got a call that there was just a cancellation and we could move across the driveway to the hotel -- yeah!!

Room much better, but we still had to kill a fly. At least we had AC on a very hot night!

Breakfast was fine.

Manager came to give us an 80 euro discount -- will be asking for full refund as guaranteed satisfaction cards in room. Pointed out to him that at 6PM we still had to walk past several people's room service trays that were lined up in the hall.

I have photos to document all of the above, but don't know how to separate them from the hundreds we took of a great vacation.

Location is a short walk to the main area --- thru a deserted area -- again not confortable for women to walk alone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2009

A very pleasant stay. We found the hotel location to be close to the centre and staff to be efficient and pleasant.

The room service menu was excellent and food was really good. The rooms themselves are lovely. Spacious and really well done with very comfortable beds. We also got excellent views of the sea.

The only negative points were the lack of lifts at busy times with up to 20 people and only 2 small lifts causing delays and queues. We also found the restaurant at breakfast was full and had to move to the atrium for breakfast. The food was undercooked in some cases and in others was burned or tasteless.

Overall a really good hotel and it just needs to work on 1 or 2 things to be the finished article

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple