The Galmont Hotel & Spa
$259
$200
$194
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
$145
Sea-Breeze Lodge(Galway)
$297
$167
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
Travelocity
$296
$287
2,746 results
All reviewsthe radisson blua business class roomeyre squarelough ataliaoutdoor jacuzzibreakfast buffetthermal suitemodern hotelcity centrestandard roomshop streetleisure facilitiesbar foodgalway baytop classmarinasireland
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We stayed here at the end of February for a three night break and got an absolutely fantastic rate. I was initially worried, as I had read some bad reviews on the site, but having stayed here three times previously, I was hopeful that the negatives reports were just one off bad experiences.

The hotel foyer and bar area has been completely revamped and is gorgeous. The bedrooms are in the process of being renovated, although we heard or saw no evidence of the work in progress. We had a standard room that had been recently renovated. It just could not have been nicer and had a large king sized bed, 32 inch Sony Bravia flat screen tv, tea/coffee facilities, slippers, robes, and luxurious toiletries. We didn't have a view but lots of rooms have fabulous rooms facing Galway Bay. We never heard any noise from neighbouring rooms, although the hotel was quite busy. They don't seem to have renovated the bathrooms, which is a pity. Although ours was perfect in every way, it would have been nice to have a more modern room.

We found the breakfast buffet to be absolutely excellent and as good as, if not better than we remembered it with lots of fresh fruit, delicious breads and pastries, cold meats and cheese and an extensive hot buffet on offer. On the first morning I asked for poached eggs and on the two subsequent mornings I was asked by the waitress if she should order me the poached eggs, as before. That's service! The buffet was piping hot and the food replenished regularly. On one evening we had dinner at the hotel as it was included in our rate. I am not normally a fan of hotel dining rooms, but can truly report that the food at the Marina Restaurant , and it is a real restaurant was excellent. We enjoyed a leisurely meal, that was extremely well presented and delicious, from start to finish.

Finally all of the staff that we met were wonderful. They could not have been more friendly, helpful or interested in our stay and ensuring our every comfort.

We will definitely return to the Radisson. It has to be THE PLACE TO STAY. It's location is perfect, less than 5 minutes walk from Eyre Square/the train station and yet away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. Parking is safe and free in the hotel's underground car park. I strongly recommend that you stay here on your next visit to Galway.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2009

My parter and I stayed in the Radisson for the 2nd time last weekend. As it was valentines we were prepared for long check in / out queues. The room was lovely but not as nice as the one we stayed in last time. This time there was a strong smell of lemon air freshner trying to cover up the smell of stale smoke, the window was left wide open to clear it so it was fairly cold when we arrived, not really the hotels fault I suppose. We had treatments booked in the Spirit One Spa which were fantastic, the hydration room is amazing. The pool and outdoor heated hot tub were really lovely also it was dark out so was fantastic to lie back in the hot tub and gaze up and the stars! We didn't eat in the hotel apart from the breakfast which was very tasty. The furniture is a little dated and our room looked a little old fashioned but overall we really enjoyed our stay and will definately be back, if for the spa only.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2009

This was a weekend away for my girlfriends birthday (JULY 2007 so things may have changed) and I choose a Level 5 Executive room, which we found was spacious, clean, well furnished and had a fanatastic sound & vision system. The view was as good as the hotel could have over the Lough Atalia, these rooms either have a city view or the one i choose. It also had a table & two chairs on a narrow but long balcony should one wish to sit out. The bathroom was good, but I would have preferred a large, two person shower rather than a large spa bath, but thats my preference. This Level 5 room came with use of a communial lounge and an assistant who we utilised to book taxi's, restuarants and so forth.
My girlfriend utilised the Spa One treatments (massage & facial on day one, with manicure & pedicure on day two), she reported that these were as good as she's had in other hotels around the world.
we dined in the Marinas Restaurant on the first evening, and we were lucky enough to have prebooked a table in the window with another view across the Lough Atalia. This meal was fabulous, well cooked and superbly presented, the Irish fillet steak was devine. It was finished with a surprise birthday cake which I had not requested, but my girlfriend was overjoyed with. A nice touch.
Overall this is a chain hotel, that we felt provided a general service to all, rather than an individual one, is well positioned for a short walk into central Galway and I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mpw246pl
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Myself and my fiance stayed here for two nights between Christmas and New Years. We were aware of bad reviews relating to service but I had stayed in the hotel previously and thought it was ok so we said we decided to book it. I have to mention though when I stayed before I did not eat in the restaurant or bar.

The hotel itself is lovely and is in such a great location. We had treatments booked in the spa and it was a very enjoyable experience; staff were very friendly and treatments were great.

We booked a meal in the restaurant for the first night and the whole experience from beginning to end was totally unacceptable. The service was atrocious, staff unfriendly and it took over 2 and a half hours to complete our meal (the restaurant wasn't even half full). For example our mains didn't arrive for over an hour after we finished our starters. Personally I don't like complaining but I did and this didn't even have much of an effect, the excuse was that the kitchen was very busy with orders from the bar. When the food arrived it was cold. There was no point in complaining about this as it would have taken so long to get it fixed. The staff were avoiding customers in the restaurant as everybody was complaining! One table of 6 people behind us started clapping when they finally received their food. If the staff had even told their customers that there will be a delay with the food it wouldn't have been so bad.

It was the same story in the bar the next night, bad service and extremely bad attitude to say the least. We mentioned this to the manager on checking out and he apologised and gave a discount but I can't help but wonder if they intend to do anything to improve their service as there are so many bad reviews about it on tripadvisor.

This hotel in a great location and I would recommend it for that but I would advise you NOT to eat in it, it is both a waste of time and money.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IrelandMeath
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I stayed here in December for a 2 night package including 1 evening meal. It is definately not value for money & completely OVER-RATED!!!! The only good point is location. The food is TERRIBLE!!! Breakfast was a disaster, food was cold & we were waiting 10 minutes for a cup of tea. Dinner wasn't much better, the service was slow & our waitress never came back to top up our wine. What I ordered & what I received were 2 completely different things. I would definately not recommend staying here on a visit to Galway

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple