“Stay somewhere else”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We stayed in the radisson for the second time last weekend and were extremely disapointed with the whole experience. we booked it mainly because we got a good deal and they have good car parking for a hotel in the city. Also the Harbour hotel which we usually stay in was closed for christmas.
The room was nothing special. Two lights did not work and the shower door on the bath was broken so the water went everywhere.
The breakfast is awful. They have a huge selection but none of it is good. The "hot" food was cold.
The lifts to the rooms are a pain because there where children going up and down in them so you had to wait a long time to get the lift and there are only two.
Overall I wont be going back to the radisson. I think they need to bring the standard back up as it is a bit grubby for my liking.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

Reviewed December 22, 2008

This is a great hotel. Good location,quiet, nice bar, good restaurant for breakfast, really easy parking and an excellent sports facility with beautiful pool, out door hot tub and decent gym area. It is a Radisson so it isn't exactly bursting with imaginative touches, and has those disgusting pots of slime passing as toiletries in the bathroom, but it is a good Radisson!

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank CaTxEi
Reviewed December 13, 2008

The Radisson name comes with a whole lot of expectations and we have stayed in quite a few..but Galway's Radisson is not deserving of the 4 stars..
Check in was cold and functional..
This was supposed to be a treat for my fiance after we had made it official..
I really was embarassed and I felt I let her down by staying here but she's the ''Thought that counts'' kinda girl thankfully

One expects a little comfort and privacy for 200 a night and the room we were given had such thin walls it was like a motel in an American movie and in our case we heard much too much from the next rooms..

On top of this the so called musician at the piano just kept screaming his head off and was so loud we could hear him in our room..It wasn't even good loud..
We did try a drink around the piano earlier that evening but mutually decided very promptly to go to the back bar which was also a bit manic but less so.
We could still hear the''piano player''
We asked the bar staff if this was normal and they sighed with a yes

Our night was like a bad movie overall..but after a few hours sleep we decided to eat up and get out..
The breakfast staff seemed in a very bad mood.
The food was average and served without grace

We had considered another night there but promptly checked out and headed for a B&B in Clifden, Connemara

On the whole it is quite a smart looking place..
But you're not a person here, you're just a credit card number..
And for the price paid I feel very ripped off.

Our B&B just outside Clifden was a breath of fresh air after this..
Won't be staying at the Radisson here or anywhere again..
We love Galway so any hotel suggestions please contact me

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patrick887
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Stayed over whilst on a one night business trip. Good hotel at a competitive price. The room was spacious with a Queen Double, but the best thing were the bar staff. Excellent service and a good chat before we walked into Galway centre for a meal.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I had come in for a business meeting. The lobby area is a wonderful are to meet people. I understand they had just finished a renovation to it, and it is a warm and cozy place. It makes you want to stop and stay awhile.
My check in was fast and very friendly. The staff were very helpful and attentive. I had a lunch meeting in the Marinas restuarant and I must say that is was wonderful experience. Everyone can choose exactly what they want to get from the selection of the Le Marche.
Since I was footing the bill it was a very economical way to do business.
The room was beautiful. When I booked they told me the hotel was under renovations, but I never heard anything to bother my stay. My room was lovely and over looked the water. I can not wait to see what the new rooms will look like.
The facilities were great. It was so nice after a long day to work out in the gym and take a swim.
I did not have time to take any spa treatments, but I definatly will upon my return to the hotel. I did pop in to buy some of my favorite skin care products from them. They have a nice selection in stock.
My overall experience with this hotel was first rate and WILL be going back any time I am back in Galway.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank KPTX33
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I just had to write about the fantastic weekend I had with my sisters and friends for my hen party in November of this year.

I had been to Galway a few times before, but had never stayed in the Radisson. To me it seemed to be a very new hotel and building but I could see from entering the lobby area that they were in the process of giving a lovely hotel a little spruce up!!

The very friendly Front Office staff assured me that the renovations were cosmetic and would not interfere with our stay during the weekend, and she was right. No work went on over Saturday and Sunday and any little ladders ect were removed from the lobby area.

We had a FANTASTIC dinner on the Friday night and the resteraunt staff really looked after us all night and made sure our bottle of wine never ran dry!

On Saturday morning, after an utterly filling breakfast we arrived in Spirit One Spa. Some of the girls were being a bit cautious with their money with the "Recession" and they got a fantastic deal for 4 hours in the Thermal Suite where they could relax for the morning while myself and a few others had amazing treatments. The girls were so nice in there and made sure we were all looked after.

As a bride to be, I can honestly say I will be bringing my new hubby here for a romantic getaway as soon as possibe

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Stayed here for two nights whilst on business in Galway last month.

The room was very nice and very comfortable. It was handy to have the car parking available at the hotel.

The service for breakfast was a bit slow and the buffet is plentiful, but was a bit over cooked and dry.

In general I enjoyed my stay - I just felt that service and staff friendliness were not as good as they could be.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business