“Decent & Clean”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Almancil, Portugal
“Decent & Clean”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a decent, clean and nice hotel. Nothing to write home about but its in a good location and the staff are helpful.
We enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant and lunch at the lounge area and both were of good quality. The only bad thing I would say is the coffee in the dinning room is really bad.
All in all a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a lovely view or the bay area which is very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Cordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this informative review.

I will certainly pass your feedback regarding the coffee to our restaurant manager and ask her to investigate further.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope that you will return upon your next visit to Galway.

Best wishes and many thanks for staying with us.

Sarah O Mahony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a couple of nights in this hotel to celebrate our birthdays, needing some rest and recuperation from the hustle and bustle of our lives. Expecting what we have come to expect from Radisson Blu properties we were pleasantly surprise to have these expectations surpassed. Having toyed with the idea of upgrading our room we were pleasantly surprised and delighted to find the standard room was luxurious, spacious and more than comfortable with a sea view.

The food in the hotel was exquisite, more what you expect from a very good restaurant. My wife asked for some gluten free bread after ordering our meal from the very cheerful and pleasant waiter who immediately returned from the kitchen with a message from the chef to say that the Brie starter was served in a pastry that was not gluten free but that a suitable adjustment would be made. Definitely make a point of eating here especially if chef Aoife is doing the cooking.

The Spa was very relaxing and the treatments were as good as I have found anywhere in the world. Make sure to include some free time to enjoy the facilities here.

Ideally situated for enjoying everything that is Galway but in a positioned just back from the noise.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordintor at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us. It is fantastic that we surpassed your expectations. One of the core values of Radisson Blu is '100% guest satisfaction' and I am thrilled to read that we achieved this goal during your stay.

I hope that you will return to Galway very soon for another break and would be delighted to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

Many thanks for your recommendation.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We brought our Mother away for a pamper night, and she had a wonderful time! The room was fabulous, the staff were warm and attentive and our entire stay was just fantastic! Food in the restaurant was just gorgeous too. The spa staff were exceptional and made our visit so welcome and comfortable!

It certainly made our weekend and I can't wait to go back! :)

• Stayed April 2014
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

I am really thrilled to read that you had such a nice weekend with your Mother and I am glad that our team help to make the weekend so memorable.

We look forward to having you back and hope that will be very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was charged over €200 for my room and although the Hotel itself is very impressive and the room had a lovely view, the bathroom was very small and definately not good enough.
The staff in general were very good but in the middle of checking us in the guy just walked away and disappeared!!! When he returned after a few minutes he did not even acknowledge the fact that had left, it took a long time to complete check-in which again I would not rate as 5 star and is not good enough for the amount of money that we had paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

I will bring each of your points to the attention of the relevant management. I apologise that you did receive the attention you deserved while checking in to our hotel.

I hope this issue will not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on level 5. Room was excellent. Pool area spotless. No noise at night. If you go stay on level 5. Just 200 metres from eyre square with taxis waiting outside if it's raining . Reception area is busy but no delay checking in or out. Level 5.......

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review.

I am delighted that you liked our Level 5 Suites. We have recently completely a complete renovation of this floor so it is always great to hear that our guests are as happy as we are with the results.

I hope you that you will be back to stay with us very soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

well worth a stay in this well located hotel. fab staff, never a complaint in many, many stays over the past five years. I stay there twice a month. fabulous experience when you are upgraded to a level 5 room. enjoy the new sushi bar

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am delighted to read that you have become a loyal customer and hope that you will be returner for another 5 years.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed Raw- sushi in the sky and hope we will also see you back there.

We look forward to your next visit,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 3, 2014

After being told this hotel was amazing, I was severely disappointed. The girl on the check in desk was rude, unfriendly, unwelcoming and it felt as though she would rather be anywhere else but there. It was not the welcome I would have liked. I requested both a late check out and a treat to the room as we were celebrating a birthday, I got neither. I had to ask during the night for the late check out. I felt neither was included as we were a young couple. Also I think a four star hotel should not charge 5 euro for parking, the ticket should be valeted for guests. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and offer us your feedback.

I do apologise that we were unable to offer you a late check out. We do always try our best to offer this service but it does depend on availability and how busy the hotel is the following night.

In relation to our car park. Unfortunately as we do not own the car park we can not offer this facilities complimentary. The special rate of €5 per 24 hours has been negotiated with the Management at Q Park and is supplemented by the hotel.

I am really sorry to hear that you would not like to return to the hotel but should you change your mind please feel free to contact me directly and I personally take care of your booking.
My direct email is :sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com